And while I'm in a giving mood

tonyw

And while I\'m in a giving mood

Sometimes the most interesting aircraft in airline service are those that are rarely seen, or rarely seen in certain places. The 2004 calendar features a number of such aircraft: a BOAC Comet 4 in transatlantic service; a Cubana Britannia in New York; a National Airlines DC-6 way out of its home territory on an interchange route; and a CSA Tu-104 at Paris Orly, one of only six Tu-104s not operated by Aeroflot. In addition, an Air France L-1649A Connie, Zantop L-188 Electra freighters, Eastern Airlines' pioneering North America use of the Airbus A300, a meeting of a Pan Am 747SP and Air France Concorde, now both ghosts of past glory, a China Airlines 707 on approach to Hong Kong's Kai Tak Airport, an Air Canada hub complex with regional airliners and a BOAC Boeing Stratocruiser are led by a wonderfully evocative shot of a TWA 707 framed by the beautiful Saarinen terminal at JFK that perfectly captures the excitement and romance of early jet age air travel.

The 2004 Classic Airliner Calendar Aircraft Featured:
~BOAC Comet 4
~Cubana Britannia
~National Airlines DC-6
~CSA Tu-104
~Air France L-1649A Connie
~Zantop L-188 Electra
~Eastern Airlines Airbus A300
~Pan Am 747SP
~Air France Concorde
~China Airlines 707
~BOAC Boeing Stratocruiser
~TWA 707

Additional Features:
~Original Photos with Descriptive Text
~Key Industry dates
~International Holidays
~Size: 14 x10 (36 x 25cm)

First six people to PM me get one.

Doug and Kristie, do you think MikeD would want one of these in his care package?

Okay, guys, the lucky winners are:

montanapilot
skywchris
fly4free
photopilot
lilrkt
shooter13

Some of you guys already gave me your address in the PMs you sent. Those of you who did not, please send that my way and I'll get these in the mail for you.

For those of you who didn't get one, I have a feeling that as the month of December starts to tick away, I'll have many more to give out so stay tuned!

Back