And I’m outta here..... kind of.

Low_Level_Hell

Happy to say I start terminal leave tomorrow! Kind of fitting that I feel the same level of excitement as when I found out I was accepted into Warrant Officer Flight Training over 20 years ago.

I wish I had profound thoughts of how much of an honor it was to serve the country along side of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms but really all I feel at the moment is “Thank God that’s over with!” A sentiment very much shared by my family.

I’ll continue to fly the AH64 as a contractor. Not really fulfilling my dream of becoming an airline pilot but flying or otherwise, I couldn’t really make the case for a different career at the moment.

Thanks to all here at JC who I’ve been a member of most of my time in the service. In the most creepy way possible I’ve been living vicariously through some of you. If anyone has any questions about flying for the Army hit me up anytime.

Last edited:
You doing Rucker or contracts to one of our foreign friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to say I start terminal leave tomorrow! Kind of fitting that I feel the same level of excitement as when I found out I was accepted into Warrant Officer Flight Training over 20 years ago.

I wish I had profound thoughts of how much of an honor it was to serve the country along side of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms but really all I feel at the moment is “Thank God that’s over with!” A sentiment very much shared by my family.

I’ll continue to fly the AH64 as a contractor. Not really fulfilling my dream of becoming an airline pilot but flying or otherwise, I couldn’t really make the case for a different career at the moment.

Thanks to all here at JC who I’ve been a member of most of my time in the service. In the most creepy way possible I’ve been living vicariously through some of you. If anyone has any questions about flying for the Army hit me up anytime.

Congrats, man. And thank you for your service!

Tell Justin the Jayhawks suck.

Tell Brad Star Wars sucks.

Generic Anglo-Saxon names don’t really narrow it down. But if you’re speaking of who I think you are I will. He is on the IP side of the house, I’ll be working as an MTP.

Congrats! When I went on terminal leave in Jan, it wasn't retirement but rather transitioning to the reserves, but I had the same thoughts.....figured it would have been a little bit more bittersweet, had I made a mistake, etc?. Was immediately very happy to be done with the active duty gong show. Of course, like you, I continue to fly my bird in a different status, which makes the change a lot more palatable. I think the real hard moment will be when I shut down the second motor and know it will be the last time ever, but that (knock on wood) will hopefully be years from now.

Congrats! well done work! You’ll be a DAC now?

Back