An amazing cross-country plan, but I'm not sure.

canuck goose

An amazing cross-country plan, but I\'m not sure.

Hey folks,

Long time no see unfortunately...

Today I went to the aeroclub to see a friend and he talked me about doing a cross-country down to the Bahamas with a couple of other guys. We would probably be around 5 or 6 pilots in 2 differents aircraft flying from Montreal to the Bahamas for a one week trip (2-3 days spent at the beach of course!). The thing is that this trip will suck up my flying money that I would normally use in 5 or 6 months, so that may means that after the Bahamas I will only be able to fly this summer, and I don't know if I can stay grounded for 6 months. But it sounds like one helluva of a trip!

What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks for your help,
Canuck Goose

Re: An amazing cross-country plan, but I\'m not sure.

If you did 100% of the flying hours are hours,

on the otherhand. Bahamas tend to attract hot chicks.

humm looking for a down side...

I say go for it. X-C flights are great and the chance to fly to the Bahamas sounds great. I would bet that you will find a way to make some extra funds this summer. Back yourself up against the wall and you will find a way out.

Go to the islands. Work hard and you will fly again soon.
wink.gif

Go to the islands man. It's probably an opportunity that won't present itself that often. Plus, it's 85+ degrees, and awesome down there!
cool.gif

I thought about it all day and talked to several people around me and everyone is telling me to go, just like you guys, so I've decided that I'm going! Yeah baby! 75F in Nassau tomorrow against 7F in Montreal... man I can't wait to get there!

boatbim.jpg

Canuck Goose

Back