AMR commuting smiley face meanings

wheelsup

Anyone know off hand what the green smiley face, orange no so smiley face, and red frown correlate to seats available on the commuting listing site for AMR? Also does that include non-revs or just booked pax?

I believe it's a percentage of seats, but I can't ever get a straight answer. Green, no problem, Orange, good to go depending on how many standby's, and red, well, not so good. I routinely get on frowny face flights, just depends on standby's, and whether an AA or Eagle guy walks up a the last second and takes the JS (happens quite often).

The "Wong-Baker Facial Grimace Scale"

Pain-Scale-Wong-Baker.jpg

I believe it's a percentage of seats, but I can't ever get a straight answer. Green, no problem, Orange, good to go depending on how many standby's, and red, well, not so good. I routinely get on frowny face flights, just depends on standby's, and whether an AA or Eagle guy walks up a the last second and takes the JS (happens quite often).
I had a not so smiley orange face and there ended up being 15 open seats on a 50 seater, it scared me because US Air had 6 open and I've found that US Air and Eagle loads are pretty close to each other. Interesting because I would think 15 open would be green but maybe like you said it's a percentage, that makes more sense.

I commute fly AA from DFW to IND...its routinely a "red frown face" ...and I always get on.

(My guess its based on % seats available...)

Back