Ameristar

JDE

I've fueled a few of their jets, spoke with some of their pilots, and checked out their website...they seem like a pretty decent company and I wouldn't mind my first jet job to be with them (especially the LJ24
cool.gif
)...has anyone worked for them or know anyone who does/did work for them? It'll be awhile before I need to worry about getting on with them (or anyone), but I need to set some goals!

I worked with a lady who's son is with Aerostar, ableit not as a pilot. She said he really likes the company.

I **think** if you go to the website, he is the guy in the baseball cap pictured on the front page - I could be wrong about that part.

At any rate, yes - I'm familiar with the company, and I've only heard good things - from one person.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've fueled a few of their jets, spoke with some of their pilots, and checked out their website...they seem like a pretty decent company and I wouldn't mind my first jet job to be with them (especially the LJ24
cool.gif
)...has anyone worked for them or know anyone who does/did work for them? It'll be awhile before I need to worry about getting on with them (or anyone), but I need to set some goals!

[/ QUOTE ]

My former CFI got a job with Ameristar. Its on demand charter so he lives on a beeper. He said he hates it because you can't have a life when you have to be at the airport in a few minutes to fly off somewhere every day. He does like the fact that they fly to a lot of international locations, but once again, so what if you can't go out on the town. He has flown the lears and falcons and is going to upgrade soon apparently. There is an 18 month contract you have to sign before you hire on or upgrade to capt

A few times our Lears have all been busy, and we have had something come up that we needed one. We use Ameristar pretty much exclusively when that situation happens. Although I have never flown for them, they seem to be on the ball. We can call them at 3am and they will have a Lear on our doorstep at 4:30am ready to go. One of our dispatchers used to dispatch for them, he said they are a good company.

The gal I talked to said pretty much the same thing about living on a beeper. She said the norm was 10 on/4 off /on call 24. She was hired back in Sept and was flying both the FA20 and the LJ24. What was your CFI upgrading to? 737?

No, he's hoping to upgrade to left seat in the lear and falcon. Apparently, you get a nice pay raise of 20k or so when you upgrade. He doesn't think his marriage will survive his time with Ameristar.

I can see how the marriage might be more work than the job itself. Sounds like a pretty nice raise though. Do you know what the starting pay is and how long it took him to upgrade to capt?

[ QUOTE ]
Aerostar, or Ameristar? Or Ameriflight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoops! Duly noted... and TRIED to correct, but there's some pesky time limit that has expired.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can see how the marriage might be more work than the job itself. Sounds like a pretty nice raise though. Do you know what the starting pay is and how long it took him to upgrade to capt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't spoken to him in a while and he's hard to track down. He has been with them for about 3 years though and is up for upgrade now. But, with all the movement into the regionals, the upgrade time could drop. I can't remember what he said he was paid...$35K sounds right. You might get some better info at flightinfo with one of the ameristar regulars.

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't think his marriage will survive his time with Ameristar

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty sad. No job is worth that...well, maybe a few jobs. Just kidding.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't think his marriage will survive his time with Ameristar

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty sad. No job is worth that...well, maybe a few jobs. Just kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it all depends on how you look at it. I'd say that if my wife couldn't handle my job, then she's not worth having....

we could turn that one around quite a few ways!

Back