Ameriflight

Look up collective bargaining agreement. ;)
I'm sure someone can provide you with NetJet's and point out the relevant section.

Wha? Whats Netjets?
Oh, yeah. Those guys that complain when they don't get enough cocktail sauce with their catering (and leave a trail of popcorn).
How many companies in 135 have a union? Two? Three? I just don't know for sure since they are so few and far between. Which is why I made the comment I made. I know several guys that were "furloughed" in the 135 world. Which is a cute way of saying Let Go.

Inverted, you got suspended because the guy after you had a burned out nav light?

Wha? Whats Netjets?
Oh, yeah. Those guys that complain when they don't get enough cocktail sauce with their catering (and leave a trail of popcorn).
How many companies in 135 have a union? Two? Three? I just don't know for sure since they are so few and far between. Which is why I made the comment I made. I know several guys that were "furloughed" in the 135 world. Which is a cute way of saying Let Go.

Inverted, you got suspended because the guy after you had a burned out nav light?
Ok, well he specifically referenced netjets. So furloughed in that context does not mean fired. Which was @Inverted 's point that he had no idea what he was talking about. Which is empirically true. I just figured I'd point it out directly.

Well and to the literal meanings from an employment standpoint of being laid off or furloughed, he has no idea... those mean different things both legally and fundamentally.

Last edited:
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH! stupid human tricks and stupid human fodder words! BAAAAAHHHH!

75585425.jpg

Recently talked with recruiter on phone and learned of a one-way video interview they are doing nowadays.

Could someone please PM me if they interviewed recently or have some advice what to expect? Thanks!

Well the QOL does depend on the base at AMF, but Alpine is highly regarded as a pretty crappy place to be. There are more comparable places to AMF with similar equipment that get paid more, and have better working conditions.

Alpine is a totally different company now. New owner. Pay is great with good schedules. They are growing big time. Alpine has been buying planes like crazy and easily staffs them.

The white zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Alpine is a totally different company now. New owner. Pay is great with good schedules. They are growing big time. Alpine has been buying planes like crazy and easily staffs them.
They still making pilots buy their own charts?

I'm sure quite a few of their older pilots will rest easier now that the risk of injury from loading/unloading freight has been taken out of the equation . . . why did it take so long for UPS feeders to modify this policy is certainly beyond comprehension!

I'm sure quite a few of their older pilots will rest easier now that the risk of injury from loading/unloading freight has been taken out of the equation . . . why did it take so long for UPS feeders to modify this policy is certainly beyond comprehension!
Now the pilots are going to need to resist the urge to toss boxes to get out quicker or get to the hotel quicker. I especially see this being an issue in ABQ where "loaders" are accustomed to pilots doing the work and South Aero is without a doubt still stacking boxes for them. Not only is it against policy, if a pilot gets hurt, they're on their own. The company will have no obligation to help them out post injury from this point forward.

Why do they stay? Because they can't move on, it is quite simple. Either their brains are fried from flying freight too long, or they have something on their record preventing them from moving on. Maybe you are wired to love it, in which case it will work out for you. I am not super fond of AMF for the way I was treated there but that had more to do with the base and base manager than the company as a whole. With that said mx is pretty horrible at best, the schedules are fair to horrendous, the equipment is terrible.

If you love the bush, go fly in the bush, you don't need AMF for that.

Hopefully you weren’t in the CVG base? PR was “great” to work with if you know what I mean and a disfunctional family feeling. AL and SS in Burbank were the same way. Only stayed for 3 years and that was enough for me (from 2009-12).

I get post cards from AMF still trying to get me to fly their crappy 1900’s or Metro’s. I just throw them in the trash. New ownership, same brown stinky smell.

Hopefully you weren’t in the CVG base? PR was “great” to work with if you know what I mean and a disfunctional family feeling. AL and SS in Burbank were the same way. Only stayed for 3 years and that was enough for me (from 2009-12).

I get post cards from AMF still trying to get me to fly their crappy 1900’s or Metro’s. I just throw them in the trash. New ownership, same brown stinky smell.

AL and SS were cancerous to the culture, especially SS. He perpetuated an already crappy culture and made it worse. Some of the things I heard him say off hand would blow your mind. The fear that was put into pilots when he was in control, IMHO was a huge factor in 1 fatal crash and numerous accidents and incidents. OAK and BUR were terrible bases for that, and pilot pushing was very common. The other bases away from the mother ship I heard good things about as far as being better. Losing the bank runs killed a lot of the illegal/shady runs but they absolutely existed when I was there and you either flew them or quit/ got fired.

It sounds like it’s gotten much better but they still punish pilots by making false promises and messing with guys until they leave bitter.

About Alpine: We get a cell phone allowance. That makes up for not giving us charts I guess. Our company is mostly made up of ex Ameriflight mechanics and pilots. :)

Your opinion of AF is well noted, I guess that vaguely answered the question. I have a house in angelfire KAXX , so it would be a short hop for me.

Your opinion of AF is well noted, I guess that vaguely answered the question. I have a house in angelfire KAXX , so it would be a short hop for me.

I wasn't trying to come off like a tool bag, but there is a reason I have an "opinion." I've chewed plenty of that dirt. If your goal is the airlines stay away from AMF, it'll be time wasted, Just go directly to your favorite flavor of regional airline. If you have a desire to fly the crappiest of all crappy turboprops then AMF is your destination. If you need to bridge the gap to 1500 hours and you're around 1200 currently, AND AMF is your only option then go for it. Otherwise I recommend skipping the freight dog conundrum all together. If the freight dog experience is a burning desire of yours it will fade quickly, trust me.

P.S. last I heard they are trying to turn things around to get better schedules, but you need to understand that in the feeder freight business things can and do change quickly. Good Luck!

Back