American to drop plans for bigger reginal jets

Its actually a PR sham. The real proposal had increases in the number of aircraft allowed up to 70 seats. Make no mistake our management at least is not over trying to outsource pilot labor.

We have asked management before about doing the flying on our side of the house and they have said the economics still make it more attractive to outsource.

Ah so the message has still not been received. In that case, carry on, nothing to see here.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...gional-jets-to-assuage-pilots.html?cmpid=yhoo

Hopefully this can be taken at face value for what it is, and will continue the standard set by Jetblue, Frontier and US Airways that E-170s and larger should be flown by mainline.

Forgive me for being un-initiated but Jet Blue and F9 flying 170s? I know Airways did for a hot minute but then they all got outsourced to RAH.

I'm not coming at you with a tone, I just didn't know they ever had those fleet types?

Forgive me for being un-initiated but Jet Blue and F9 flying 170s? I know Airways did for a hot minute but then they all got outsourced to RAH.

I'm not coming at you with a tone, I just didn't know they ever had those fleet types?

Nah, blue runs the 190's with 100 seats, F9 has nothing but Airbus's.

Okay, just checking. RAH flew 190s for F9, but they were flown by RAH FOs topping out at a stellar 36.62/hr. JetBlue always flew 190s then, not 170 or 175's.

Back