American Reaches Agreement in Principal

I haven't been at work for almost five weeks, but all I've heard was largely indifference.
It resulted in ripples in my specific end of the pond for like, five or so minutes, then we resumed complaining about everything else we complain about instead.

Also I'm growing a beard.
:)

Attachments

• 1686407083928.png
    1686407083928.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 9
I dunno... APA can barely tie their own shoes. You really think they have the bandwidth to make tactical negotiating decisions just to screw over another property?
I wouldn’t call it a tactical negotiating decision. ALPA is a threat to the mini fiefdom that the upper echelon of APA has created for itself. Many APA representatives have clear disdain for ALPA. An opportunity to look good to their pilots (“See! We did better than Delta!”) and rub it in DALPA’s face would strike them as a win-win.

I wouldn’t call it a tactical negotiating decision. ALPA is a threat to the mini fiefdom that the upper echelon of APA has created for itself. Many APA representatives have clear disdain for ALPA. An opportunity to look good to their pilots (“See! We did better than Delta!”) and rub it in DALPA’s face would strike them as a win-win.
I think you know nothing about APA. I’m not defending them at all. Not saying i like APA. Let me guess, some former wholly owned alpa volunteer? MEC or LEC? Let the record state I wanted ALPA. But don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

I dunno... APA can barely tie their own shoes. You really think they have the bandwidth to make tactical negotiating decisions just to screw over another property?
There have been quite a few things where I'm all "damn, APA, you sure you wanna go there that way?"

Are they still paying off their debt to AA for their illegal work action years ago?
No idea. And I mean, it seems inevitable that you'll be accused of some sort of illegal concerted activity given how out of whack the playing field is in the States.

I'm pretty Saul Alinsky when it comes to these things - you should make the Institution follow its own rules strictly. I will say that I think life is already hard enough for unions thanks to the RLA...

I think you know nothing about APA. I’m not defending them at all. Not saying i like APA. Let me guess, some former wholly owned alpa volunteer? MEC or LEC? Let the record state I wanted ALPA. But don’t think you know what you’re talking about.
Sure thing buddy.

Back