American Flyers

sxauer

I just got my info packet from American Flyers. Check out these rates...
For $2,995 you get 10 hours of dual cessna 172/172rg and 120 hours of ground school and 10 hours of sim. BUT...if you need extra training (which you probably will...10 hours isnt much for cfi and cfi-i) they charge you 140/hr for the 172 or 172RG if you take your extra training durring your ground school. If you take your extra training after the ground school, they charge you $175/hr for the 172, and $195/hr for the 172RG. They charge $60/hr for "tutoring" which is probably just a CFI doing ground school.... I dont know about you guys, but to me these prices STINK! What do your guys think?

I've heard that same complaint from a million people, most of whom went to Flyers, the rest didn't go because of that. One of my old CFI's went to Flyers (in Dallas I think?) and went over on his hours, and it ended up costing him a ton. He said that if he would've been just about ready to take his CFI, then it would have been a good program to do. I've never been to Flyer's, but from that info below, sounds like those prices suck a big fat one.

I looked at American Flyers for their accelerated instrument program and was given a quote of nearly $10k! I nearly wet myself trying to contain my disbelief when talking to the school rep. For that much, I want to be flying a new twin with Chuck Yeager as my instructor. I believe they have self examining authority for what its worth.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe they have self examining authority for what its worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAH! It aint worth $175 for a Cessna 172...
And I asked about the "no checkride" option for the cfi ticket and its no dice...gotta take a checkride at the one I was looking at. I think i'll just go to ATP

I went to Americanf Flyers and please stay away from them!
mad.gif
Just for my PPL, i paid close to $7,000 and the CFI's stank and most of them did not have any experience.

If you want to spend the big money, i would recommand ATP and they are worth it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just got my info packet from American Flyers. Check out these rates...
they charge you $175/hr for the 172, and $195/hr for the 172RG. They charge $60/hr for "tutoring" which is probably just a CFI doing ground school.... I dont know about you guys, but to me these prices STINK! What do your guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

$175/hr for a darn 172? It would only be more comical if they charged $172 for the 172! What a bunch of crap. Those prices aren't even worth if it if they had the brand-new $200K+ 172s (which I'm not sure if they do or don't).

MD

Back