American Eagle told to play ball or become Comair-II

Except they aren't owned/acquired by another certificated 121 carrier. They are owned by a holding company that happens to own another 121 certificated carrier. Prior to the merger with American, USAirways Group owned 3 airlines. USAirway, PSA and PDT. Single carrier status doesn't apply to holding companies (even when you share training facilities, instructors and HR as was discovered during the TSA/GoJet debacle).
Endeavor is owned by Delta which has no holding company.

Endeavor is owned by Delta which has no holding company.
Ummmm, I don't know of that's right. They have to protect each of their investments and seperate business ventures. I'm willing to bet endeavor air is a subsidiary that is held by some arm of delta air lines inc.

Except they aren't owned/acquired by another certificated 121 carrier. They are owned by a holding company that happens to own another 121 certificated carrier. Prior to the merger with American, USAirways Group owned 3 airlines. USAirway, PSA and PDT. Single carrier status doesn't apply to holding companies (even when you share training facilities, instructors and HR as was discovered during the TSA/GoJet debacle).

Did you guys ever actually go through with the petition? Individual results don't exactly point to a trend in this area, as TSA/GoJet single carrier status was rejected with a bunch of great evidence showing that they should have been one carrier, and in my view, Polar/Atlas had MUCH less evidence to show that they should be a single carrier and the union won.

Did you guys ever actually go through with the petition? Individual results don't exactly point to a trend in this area, as TSA/GoJet single carrier status was rejected with a bunch of great evidence showing that they should have been one carrier, and in my view, Polar/Atlas had MUCH less evidence to show that they should be a single carrier and the union won.

I don't think there was ever a petition started much beyond that "wouldn't it be funny" stage. Also, at that point, USAPA had pretty much blown us off as far as negotiating the flow through LOA (that was already in our CBA but listed under "TBD") and the war chest ALPA had always refused to provide for us to go after AAA ALPA was suddenly open to go after USAPA. That said, I don't think we had much of an argument for a single transportation system. I don't know if it's in the actual verbiage of the law or was in the commentary of a previously issued decision, but somewhere it says the entities have to be "similar and equal" which is about the most vague wording I've ever seen. We took that to mean that two 747 cargo operators (like Atlas and Polar) that both fly around the world are a good candidate for STS where as an RJ operator and an Airbus operator are not.

When I was doing drumline stuff, we had a phrase, "Don't self cut." As in, don't remove (cut) yourself during the audition process, let somebody else do it for you. Stick around, finish the audition no matter what, hang it all out, and let the chips fall where they may.

You wouldn't believe the number of people that would spend months preparing for an audition, and then in the middle of the process, leave because they were convinced that they had no chance of making the ensemble. Many of these people would have been awarded spots if they had just stuck around long enough to finish the audition.

If it's up to me, I prefer to let regulatory agencies make these types of determinations. You risk nothing by losing because you're in the same position you were when you started, and stand to gain everything if you get an award in your favor.

I agree. However Airways had about 400 guys on furlough then so potentially opening up 400 spots on the bottom of the list for them wasn't a smart play.

EDIT: Also, I was never more than a well informed bystander to this whole process.

When I was doing drumline stuff, we had a phrase, "Don't self cut." As in, don't remove (cut) yourself during the audition process, let somebody else do it for you. Stick around, finish the audition no matter what, hang it all out, and let the chips fall where they may.

You wouldn't believe the number of people that would spend months preparing for an audition, and then in the middle of the process, leave because they were convinced that they had no chance of making the ensemble. Many of these people would have been awarded spots if they had just stuck around long enough to finish the audition.

If it's up to me, I prefer to let regulatory agencies make these types of determinations. You risk nothing by losing because you're in the same position you were when you started, and stand to gain everything if you get an award in your favor.
This one time at bandcamp....

Which is the holding company for all the subsidiaries. It's confusing but they have each thing seperate. I see what h46 is saying but it's the holding company for all of its subsidiaries.

I might be way off but it keeps the liability way down when you seperate things.
Delta Air Lines Inc is the airline and holding company. There just isn't any separate entity like AAG or SkyWest, Inc which makes a defined distinction between the holding company and the airlines it has control of under it's umbrella.

Delta is the only one like that. Airways, American, United, Continental and Northwest all had holding companies. Currently United and American have holding companies. Even most of the LCCs are done through a holding company.

Back