American Eagle to unveil new name; and does

Million$ that could have easily been paid to pilots.....thats how much it's gonna cost to rebrand SMH
Since they're still flying under the "American Eagle" brand, don't they just have to slap a sticker on the side next to the main cabin door that says "Operated by Envoy"? Or are they repairing the fleet any way?

Since they're still flying under the "American Eagle" brand, don't they just have to slap a sticker on the side next to the main cabin door that says "Operated by Envoy"? Or are they repairing the fleet any way?

Yep. And most of the fleet is due for repainting for the 'New American' livery anyway. Then Envoy might be getting new planes too (pending on going contract negotiations).

Stupid name, Yes. Logo looks like a tampon ad, Yes. Sucks that they're whoring us out, yes. But in all reality, I could give two shats what they rename this company....just this: Pay. Me. My. Money! No concessions.

Reactions: Tld
Seriously Eagle guys and gals, my deepest sympathy you all are once again in this mess. Since I cant really ofer any solid words of encouragement, first few rounds are on me if you make a trek through Vegas. Ill get us into some proper trouble, make you forget about all of this for a few hours.

Last edited:
Wait. Didn't this play happen sometime ago with the artist formerly known as Continental Express?

Something's definitely off-key, but they've been talking about this for the better part of a decade. Why now?

Maybe they have the infrastructure in place now to shift in-house AE flying to the outside carriers. I don't know - I'm not an airline guy, but I do work in brand research. "Envoy pilots on strike" probably has less brand damage than "American Eagle pilots on strike."

Maybe they have the infrastructure in place now to shift in-house AE flying to the outside carriers. I don't know - I'm not an airline guy, but I do work in brand research. "Envoy pilots on strike" probably has less brand damage than "American Eagle pilots on strike."

New name won't be effective until spring, meanwhile the contractual situation should be resolved within next few weeks. One way or another ;)

We're so far removed from the position of being on strike I don't think that even has merit. I think it's a scare tactic and an attempt to remove a core identity from the employee groups. In other words, it's a distraction.

We've got flight attendants talking about 'STFD' in regards to a pilot contract issue. Things are a bit churned up either way.

Murdoughnut wrote (in part):
"Envoy pilots on strike" probably has less brand damage than "American Eagle pilots on strike."

True, but the headline writers will say: "Pilots for American on Strike"; thereby providing even more confusion.

Envoy Connection is taxiing for TO. For somebody.

Back