American Eagle Now Requires 800 Hrs ?

bafanguy

Both are out of date. The latest info is on their Facebook page (American Eagle Pilot Recruitment).

Vyse,

Thanks for that info. I suspected there might be more to the story. The ".me" tag is from Montenegro. Not sure how familiar those folks are with things here or where they get their data.

I don't want to shock you but not everyone is on Facebook so I'm not able to find the info to which you refer. Would you be willing to post it here so we can see how AE is managing the aftermath of the new law ? It might be informative overall. Thx.

From their Facebook page:

The new minimums for hiring at American Eagle with regards to the changes in FAA policy are as follows.

For RESTRICTED ATP minimums the following is our new policy:

Per FAR 61.160 a candidate:
1. May be 21 Years of Age
2. Is only required to have 200 Hours Cross Country (the same rules apply as to what constitutes cross country time to obtain an ATP certificate)
3. For Military Pilots, only 750 hours of total flight time is required

For Restricted ATP candiates (including Military Pilots) an applicant must still have:
250 Hours as PIC
100 Hours Cross Country as PIC
75 Hours of Instrument time (not more than 25 hours may be in a FTD)
25 Hours Night PIC

All the same minimums still apply for NON Restricted ATP certificates.

A military buddy of mine recently interviewed with AE in Dallas and, out of a group of 7, nobody was hired (including him).

His background: F-15C, T-38 instructor, MC-12.

I was just thinking who cares about the 800 hrs if they aren't even looking at applicants with ATP minimums. Or like hacker says turning down military guys.

I was just thinking who cares about the 800 hrs if they aren't even looking at applicants with ATP minimums. Or like hacker says turning down military guys.

I have to wonder if they're simply shifting who they are interested in hiring.

bunk22 was also not hired after his AE interview, with equally extensive military experience.

I'm going to be applying to the regionals in the next 2 years as someone with 3500 hours of multi/jet PIC, SE/ME ATP, type rating, lots of crew airplane time, high performance jet/combat time, etc...and I've been told by some folks I fly with in the military (who are airline pilots as their "day job") that I'm pretty much overqualified for the job. That I may face a tough time getting hired by a regional since I all ready meet the mins at all the majors and am likely to jump ship as soon as I get recurrent and an offer from them comes my way.

Basically, the regionals don't want to "waste" their time and money training me if I'm likely to quickly leave.

A military buddy of mine recently interviewed with AE in Dallas and, out of a group of 7, nobody was hired (including him).

His background: F-15C, T-38 instructor, MC-12.

Like me, not hired, 3000 hours, C-2A, T-45C, T-34C Instructor...don't care anyway but thought it was funny. My buddy didn't get hired either, 4800 hours: S-3B, T-45C and C-12. He was one of the 300 or so hired by United recently, now on the line flying 737's. Interesting in that AE wouldn't hire him but United would lol I think he did okay in the end.

Back