American Eagle-Job Fair

ATCtexas

LAX JOB FAIR
American Eagle will be recruiting pilots at AIR, Inc.'s Job Fair April 24 in Los Angeles, CA at the LAX Airport Marriott Hotel. For details and registration information call 800 JET-JOBS (538-5627).

----------------

American Eagle is accepting resumes from qualified pilots. Eagle announced they will be hiring more than 400 pilots in 2004.

For information on the Job Fair contact AIR, Inc. at 800 538-5627.

Only costs $175 for non-members to attend.....

tongue.gif

I'll bet there's cheaper ways to get a resume in their hands:
Click Here: American Eagle

Wow, didn't realize you had to pay to go to that. At least we know that they are hiring though.

From what I've read, the AirInc shin digs are better because you can hand your resume to the recruiter in person. I've read people saying they've had resumes on file for long periods of time with no response, but within a few days of attending a conference, they've gotten an interview. If I had the hours, I'd go. The question you've got to ask is how much would increasing your chances of an interview be worth.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you read that on AirInc's site or somewhere else?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a topic on flightinfo.com about the conferences and their worth.

As you know Doug, Kit is an airline pilot also. So you are in the right business, but you need to diversify and stop spending so much time here
grin.gif

And I'm sure the "anti-Robin Hood" is probably a nice guy in person ... I just don't like his business. Taking large sums of money from aspiring professional pilots (who in 95% of cases can't really afford it) and delivering a service that an enterprising person can get a job without just doesn't cut it to me. But hey, that just this guy's opinion.

Notice I didn't say I specifically liked him either.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy, but very much a salesman. I met him back in 1995 and I stopped to ask him something about the National Guard and he immediately said I should buy his book about the ANG and how all my answers would be in there...yadda yadda yadda.

I've read some of his hiring data material and it makes me think that statistically speaking, I hadn't a chance in the world of being an airline pilot because I didn't do the pre-interview seminars, pre-psych evaluation testing and didn't have my resume picked over with the "Air Inc"-brand fine tooth comb.
tongue.gif

Plus, I'm not too happy with the "WOOP! WOOP! 12,000 Pilots will be hired THIS YEAR! WOOP WOOP! Buy my book and find out where! WOOP WOOP! Hiring's at an all time high! WOOP WOOP!"

Actually, he was one of my motivations for starting Jetcareers.com because there was a lot of 'snake oil' being sold when I got out of college.

But he's a businessman and businessmen need to move product.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, he was one of my motivations for starting Jetcareers.com because there was a lot of 'snake oil' being sold when I got out of college.

[/ QUOTE ]And God bless you for so doing, because the business of purveying "snake oil" has only grown in the last several years!

I guess ignorance is bliss ... I decided on Riddle in 1991, when I was a freshman in high school. I was talking to my guidance counselor one day, he asked me what I wanted to do, I said, "I think I want to fly airplanes," and he said, "Go to Embry-Riddle." I never got the chance to get sucked in by the sellers of snake oil because I took that counselor at his word. Luckily it worked out for me ...

[ QUOTE ]
I never got the chance to get sucked in by the sellers of snake oil because I took that counselor at his word.

[/ QUOTE ]

You went to Riddle and don't think you got sucked in by the sellers of snake oil? Maybe your guidance counselor didn't know about the Colorado School for Despotic Youth. I hear they let youngins' fly every now and again.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never got the chance to get sucked in by the sellers of snake oil because I took that counselor at his word.

[/ QUOTE ]

You went to Riddle and don't think you got sucked in by the sellers of snake oil? Maybe your guidance counselor didn't know about the Colorado School for Despotic Youth. I hear they let youngins' fly every now and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the place aka Colorado School for Wayward Boys?
laugh.gif

Actually I considered that place as well, but it was rejected after minimal research ... at the time, no flight school for people without 20/20 uncorrected vision. Made my decision a very easy one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the place aka Colorado School for Wayward Boys?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Job Fair

Actually, the best deal is to get into the exhibition hall at the annual WIA conference!!! (March 11-13, 2004 in Reno, NV) Not only do you get the face time you want, there are tons of freebies that the companies give away. Each year I walk away with bags of promotionals from the airlines & manufacturers.

Unfortunately, the early registration deadline has passed, but it's waaaay better than Air Inc. In fact, they usually have a both at WIA. Any airline/company recruiting is usually present, even those who it's hard to get resumes in with. They also have numerous seminars for job seekers. Here is a shortened list of the companies attending:

Air Line Pilots Association, International
Air National Guard
Air Serv International
AIR, Inc.
Airbus North America
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Airline Ground Schools, Inc.
Airline Transport Professionals, Inc.
AirNet Express
AirTran Airways
Alaska Airlines
America West Airlines
American Eagle Airlines
ATA Airlines, Inc.
Atlantic Southeast Airlines
Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. (ASA)
Aviation Training Center
Boeing
Bombardier Aerospace
CAE SimuFlite
Cage Consulting, Inc.
Caribbean Sun Airlines
Cessna Aircraft Company
Chevron Texaco Global Aviation
Cirrus Design
Comair
Continental Express
Delta Air Lines
Delta Connection Academy
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
FAA/National Aeronautical Charting Office
Federal Aviation Administration - Flight Stan
FedEx Express Flight Ops
FedEx Express Maintenance
FlightSafety International
Freight Dog Financial Advisors
Garmin Int'l
Gulfstream Training Academy
Horizon Air
International Airline Training Academy
Intl. Women‘s Air & Space Museum (IWASM)
ISA+21
Jeppesen
JetBlue Airways
National Association of Flight Instructors
National Business Aviation Association
NetJets Aviation, Inc.
Northwest Airlines, Inc.
Pan Am International Flight Academy
Pratt & Whitney
Raytheon Aircraft Company
Regional Airline Academy
Rolls-Royce North America
San Juan College Mesa Airlines 1st Ofcr Train
Signature Flight Support
Southwest Airlines
TAB Express Airline
The Air Force Experience - Adventures in Blue
UND Aerospace
University Aviation Association
UPS
USA 3000 Airlines
Wal-Mart Aviation
Westwind School of Aeronautics

...and yes, MEN are welcome too, even though it's the Women In Aviation Conference. Anyone who 'supports women in aviation is welcome to attend'.

http://www.wai.org/conference/2004_conf_index.cfm

Back