American Airlines

I wouldn't be suprised to see Eagle flying EMB170's (as a replacement for the F100's)... perhaps in a Jets-for-Jobs ploy when AA drops the hammer on all their pilots. Rumor is massive lay-offs and route cuts are iminent.

-Sean

Ya know they need to go pull ol'Fang (Bob Crandall) outta retirement for a couple years. I bet AA would'nt be in this much trouble if he was still running the place. I remember the quote he made to the AA pilots back in the late 70s/early 80s when AA was in this same position: "This mangement team will not walk up the steps of bankruptcy court like Braniff did" Classic Crandall

Well, I have not heard of Crandall until right now, and thats wierd because I am a huge AA fan, but that is a good quote for these times. It seems like he did a pretty jop though considering how much the airline has grown then and since then.

AA,

You've never heard of Robert Crandall......he has alot to do with making American into a really great airline,however he turned over control to Mr Carty. Jeez,next your gonna tell me you don't know who Frank Lorenzo is!

They still fly the F100's into Detroit everyday. Last I heard they will be gone by the end of the year.

Back