American Airlines Cancels Flight Due to Hostile Passengers

Re: American Airlines Cancels Flight Due to Hostile Passenge

This morning-
4AM Wakeup/ 5AM Van-
While waiting in the lobby of the hotel-I see Lou Dobbs on the TV

And this incident was on/he was talking about it.
1st off i will state my view-I'm fully behind the crews choice-
hostile enviroment= NO GO

I wasnt able to watch the entire news segment-but what i gathered was that he was calling the airline and crew "The bully" and that - just like others have posted- people seem to think its their god given right to be rude and expect more from people.

NOT SO MUCH IN THE REAL WORLD.

As someone who worked all kinds of customer service jobs, with high management, and flew corporate prior to flying for the airlines-
i can tell you that being nice and not being a pain in the a**/arrogent person or group will get you farther in the minute/hour/day/or whatever time amount you want in a much better way.

After seeing this little news snip that early-and after having not rested well combined with the aftermath of playing NY City Tourguide to my family all day yesterday (exhausted)-
in the heat of the moment i wanted to send an angry email to Lou Dobbs or give him a piece of my mind.

But now,
after a 13:30 hour workday,
5 legs, and almost 8 hours of flying with multiple crew & plane swaps,

-I'm glad that i didnt add more fuel to a fire of stupid on that shows opinion/that would have served no good in the end.

On another side note-of how "previleged or exclusive" people think they are.
I overheard 1 guy (in a business suite) on the shuttle bus from the DL connection gate 5A in LGA, while riding to the plane...complaining about riding on the bus.
He proceeds to say something to the effect of "it would be so much nicer to use a netjet share.....etc. etc."
To which some random passenger (i swear it wasnt me-i was in uniform traveling back home and wanted nothing to do with this conversation)- asked him .....how much was your ticket?????
The business man answered.......$140
Well..........
Clearly someone is wrong & really cheap or NetJets shares are have really come down in price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant after long duty day

The gate agents and crews are the company's face to the customer, they should expect to pick up flak. Its ridiculous the way customers are treated (by crews and gate agents!). Crews and gate agents would make a huge difference to the experience of the flying public if they treated them with respect, provided information, show up on time for work, etc. is that too much to ask?

U must be kidding? I can tell by reading this you've never worked as a crew member or gate agent. I'm not sure why anyone should pick up any flak when people act like children and can't be mature. Especially when those people's(crewmember/agents) main responsibility is safety of flight, not baby sitting a bad attitude and lack of patience...

And yes Velo is right, you ain't going if you got a bad attitude!
</div>

Easy solution. For the loudmouths: "You, you and you are not going."

"Anyone else got anything else to say?" "I thought not."
:yeahthat:
Agreed!

What is the world comin' to? I'm starting to agree with Velo! :panic::buck:

Infected by kavorka! ;)

I new a kid in High school that went into a Mcdonalds, ordered a bunch of food and then when it came he started complaining and got real pissy with the clerk then proceeded to throw the entire tray of food on the clerk..... well the manager jumped the counter and beat the ##### out of him. I think that is gonna be my new response to whiny passengers, a good ole country a$$ whoopin, I 'll give em a five knuckle innerduction

Back