Am I crazy or what?

Sprint100

I was talking to my wife and she brought up the fact that I like to fly listening to hip-hop/funk when I fly (better yet when she is with me). Does anyone else have a fav they like or is it just me.
More Bounce by Zapp & Roger is like an aphrodisiac to get me to fly.

I used to listen to Disney Radio when I used to fly - I also used to listen to sports, and get traffic reports depending on the time of the day!

[ QUOTE ]
If a Caucasian pilot listens to rap / hip-hop...

does that make him "pretty fly for a white guy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that would give you some cool points, but you probably wouldn't need 'em with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to scare you guys, but there are more 50-something Caucasian captains that listen to urban and rap than you may possibly realize.

I mean, it's a shocking amount.

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to my wife and she brought up the fact that I like to fly listening to hip-hop/funk when I fly (better yet when she is with me). Does anyone else have a fav they like or is it just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... don't get me wrong but when your flying shouldn't you be listening to ATC not music....this is bringing up some bad Iron Eagle flashbacks....

Matthew

aka Katsuhara

[ QUOTE ]

Okay... don't get me wrong but when your flying shouldn't you be listening to ATC not music....this is bringing up some bad Iron Eagle flashbacks....

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron Eagle RULES!!!!!!! that is one of my most favorite movies....and Don't be ragging on Iron Eagle or its awesome music..
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to scare you guys, but there are more 50-something Caucasian captains that listen to urban and rap than you may possibly realize.

I mean, it's a shocking amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about 20-something black pilots that LOVE The Beach Boys and listen to that when they're flying????

Not that it's me or anything....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matthew

aka Katsuhara

[/ QUOTE ]
No different than having a conversation with another pilot...just make sure the music mutes when ATC transmits or the intercom is on....

[ QUOTE ]
What about 20-something black pilots that LOVE The Beach Boys and listen to that when they're flying????

[/ QUOTE ]

Few.

Probably the funniest thing besides hearing some 58 year old man say "shiznit" was have a captain from the Ozarks sing "Work it, can we work it, can we were-wicky-wick-nyat-nyat" (Missy Elliot) as we're walking out to the crew van.

Oh, you'll have to wait for the book!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Few.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...that's what I was afraid of...I mean, I'll have to tell my friend to stop that.....
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...that's what I was afraid of...I mean, I'll have to tell my friend to stop that.....
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What next, a 1964 Impala with "Killer Dayton" wheels and hydraulics blasting some Brian Wilson song?
smile.gif

I heard an older flight attendant singing "Shake it, shake shake shake shake it like a polaroid picture" a few weeks ago.

It's the beginning of the end! Alas, the quickening has arrived.

Have you seen some of the old(er) people in the bars and clubs these days? The most frightening part is that the lines between hip-hop and pop are becomming so gray that you never know if the person listening to the loud music in the car next to you is a 16 year-old or your Mom....

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen some of the old(er) people in the bars and clubs these days? The most frightening part is that the lines between hip-hop and pop are becomming so gray that you never know if the person listening to the loud music in the car next to you is a 16 year-old or your Mom....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the line is gone, personally. The only people that recognize a line between hip hop/rock/pop are still trying to hold onto the past in vain.

Might be nice making that rare trip to the record store and just looking for an artist's name rather than having to determine if it's a rap/rock/techno/r&b/urban/AOR/dance/pop band.

[ QUOTE ]
I used to listen to Disney Radio when I used to fly - I also used to listen to sports, and get traffic reports depending on the time of the day!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL lain listens to Disney songs (lol) showtunes.....when he flies?

Thats some funny stuff....

Everett

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL lain listens to Disney songs (lol) showtunes.....when he flies?

Thats some funny stuff....

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay confession time... I also LOVE Disney songs. The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies and I know all the songs in the movie by heart
blush.gif

And I may or may not cry whenever I see that movie I won't confirm or deny anything....
tongue.gif

Everett

[ QUOTE ]
He kids you not people....
frown.gif

He's a crier...

Matthew
aka katsuhara

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the all day comentary there Mathew.

Back on subject, whenever I fly with my dad (very rare) the only thing he'll listen to is classic, jazz, or Eminem. The guy is like a groupie, he even has an Em flippin the bird t-shirt that he sleeps in. I hope Im like that at age 60

Doug the next thing I guess will we see in ATL is a MD-88 with dice hanging in the cockpit window with curb feelers on the main gear and fuzz yoke covers and maybe some airshocks also....

[ QUOTE ]
Might be nice making that rare trip to the record store and just looking for an artist's name rather than having to determine if it's a rap/rock/techno/r&b/urban/AOR/dance/pop band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, you could get it all online for free -- whoops, I mean for $0.99 a download. Yeah, that's it.

I had my first geezer moment the other day. I was talking to some people who are much younger than me when the remake of the Don Henley song "Boys of Summer" came on. They were talking about how it was such a cool song and how the Ataris were so talented to come up with it.

So I said, uh, no, that song's a remix of a Don Henley song. Blank stares. So I said, you know, the Eagles?

And someone said "what do the Philadelphia Eagles have to do with this?"

Oh, yeah, by the way, is it bad that when I'm preflighting, I have the Monty Python theme song going in my head? Don't ask me why, it just started one time and now I can't stop it.

Back