ALPA Pilot Shortage

Isn't that engine a little too far outboard? Was the drawing supposed to be a A340 with two TFOA incidents?

That's some fast drawing :)

Looks like a concise and to the point video that should be distributed widely every time the pilot shortage scam is mentioned by you know who!

And it counts the number of ATPs earned twice. Propaganda video at it's best, sometimes dropping leaflets from a bomber works just as well......

P.S. Loved the artwork!

I may be wrong(and that's fiiiine), but with all of these money issues I see LCC carriers doing nothing but chipping away at legacy airline market share.
18 year longevity pay is a huge win for a company against workers and a death nail when competing with a start up.

I may be wrong(and that's fiiiine), but with all of these money issues I see LCC carriers doing nothing but chipping away at legacy airline market share.
18 year longevity pay is a huge win for a company against workers and a death nail when competing with a start up.
What money issues? Legacy carriers are making money hand over fist and they pay more to pilots, thus attracting a lot of pilots away from LLCs.

As for pay scales. The best pay scale would be a 1 year pay scale where everyone starts at the topped out number. In fact most legacies haven't hired in so long that most pilots are already topped out, only now that they're hiring are they seeing some pilot costs go down (offset of course by training costs going way up).

I think LCCs are in more trouble in this market.

The bit about new ATPs has to be dramatically skewed because of the new rule I would imagine.

Aside from the content of the video though I thought it was very well produced!

Back