ALPA Fastread Today... TSA/FFDO update

Functional, as in not a flimsy display piece. In other words, an actual, forged sword. It, like some rich bag's anorexic peroxide blonde girlfriend.. has no real use. It just looks nice and it fun to know I have.

I dunno about deer hunting with a blade, but chasing away burglars could be entertaining. The only real point in owning it was simply to say that I do. A forged, real sword calls up the long lost notions of honor and true commitment- even to the death. A firearm is a stand-off, spray and pray weapon that any tool can do damage with. A sword requires two hands, close proximity, and a serious ham-and-eggs decision about how committed you are to the fight.

It's romantic, in a way.

There's a sweet store in Insadong, Seoul, Korea that sells all manner of swords from Chinese, Japanese and Korean antiquity. After you get to ICN, take the train to the Anguk station, up the stairs, down the mainstreet. Look for the SureFire banner. I can't give you a ride there anymore since ICN is cut from the schedule (thus proving there is a God ;))

From my uneducated eye, they looked SWEET. Prolly better than having bowstaff skills.

Back