Almost wasn't gonna make it... buuuuuut...

Firebird2XC

... having missed last year, I was informed that my missing this year was just plain unacceptable. So I'll be popping in tomorrow.

Cheers.

Generally customary to notify the person holding the event before announcing on social media because we're over-capacity and we've had to turn away a number of people.

Are you using DPA's extra ticket?

Generally customary to notify the person holding the event before announcing on social media because we're over-capacity and we've had to turn away a number of people.

... after the fact, pardon my faux pas. I made arrangements prior. But that's all history now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350757628.863530.jpg

Sent from my Colecovision Adam

I was actually told by Drunkenbeagle that he had a ticket for me. So I went with that. Exactly where that ticket came from, I'm still not entirely sure. Something to do with Gulley, I dunno. Take it up with them.

Exactly. I was told last minute I just *had* to show and the details were being handled. I trusted that they were. Otherwise, mea culpa, I guess.

Sorry but the social media circuit gives the impression that it was "gonna" as opposed to "had to" which is why I was concerned.

We filled up and we had to turn away a number of people that really wanted to attend and I was querying if you we're replacing someone who couldn't make it (ok!), taking a donated ticket (ok!) or "crashing" (not ok!)

The registration process isn't JC digging into your pockets, it's a tool to enable us to plan for the catering, get your email and SMS on the broadcast list and have the system make sure we have space for you and also generate a name tag so folks know who they're talking to. Eventbrite makes it all simple for a couple of people to host an event and make it look like there was a 15-person committee planning, scheduling, catering and processing payments.

So when the "I'm coming" hit your Facebook page, and not my email account, my next questions were:

Do we have one less donated ticket in our inventory?

Did one of our guests back out?

Who aren't we to expect?

Is this person on the email and SMS list?

Do we have to press the 'send email' and 'send SMS' button to 98.41% (real number!) and then track down that one person who isn't part of the automation and will probably be buzzing my mobile about the "when & where" and I have to send someone down to let them up mid-event?

Do we have space?

No conspiracy, nothing else deeper than me having my "event planner" hat on and taking care of the situation under my responsibility.

Everyone, I beg you to use our registration system in the future.

Now, Mr. Duck, we can't go talking about our tallywhackers. Some of our users of the fairer sex do not possess them and may feel inadequate.

Back