allowances

Hootie

Old Skool
if your an ang bum, do you get a food or housing allowance?
and can you get health insurance like your active duty buds?

[ QUOTE ]
if your an ang bum, do you get a food or housing allowance?
and can you get health insurance like your active duty buds?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are on active duty there is no difference, as for drilling once a month, you are paid allowances based on the drills you do.

My understanding is. (someone correct me if I am wrong) you may be entitled to 800$ a month in Housing allowance, Subsistence, etc. (of course all of that depends on your location and command structure) so if you do 4 drills a month (2 4hr drills one weekend for two days,) you would get the prorate of 13$ per drill.

I have no info on medical if you are a reserve not on active duty.

medical i can answer - unless you are on orders for 30+ days, you do not receive healthcare benefits. and it's highly unlikely you'll be on 30+ day orders straight through unless you're going to be in a nice sunny sandy environment for a while.

oh, i figured i'd answer the rest of your question too... if you are on drill status, you only receive base pay for 4 periods (equal to 4 days AD), but no subsistence/housing. if you are on mandays, you receive a prorated share of housing allowance (i think on 5-day orders as an e-4 i received about $50/week), plus you will receive $9.50/day subsistence if you are performing duty at home station.

Back