Allegiant Pilots Picket

I wish some of the signs said things like, "we haven't been home in months." I met the record holder for the involuntary TDY, 17 months straight on a non commutable schedule. Fortunately, that has gotten better.

On a lighter note, due to security concerns we can't have sticks attached to our signs when we picket.

Last edited:
It does in this case, specifically the picketing at HQ. Long story short, things are very insulated there. It's a bit of a wake up call and goes against the propaganda management has been spewing. It also won't sit well with the shareholders who have been told that negotiations are going well and the pilots are satisfied.

Last edited:
I think these things are pretty pointless, but it makes more sense in this case than it does anywhere else.

At the regional level, at least in my experience, picketing was completely fruitless. Teamsters even brought out a big inflatable rat! ;-)

The rat is terrible.

That's almost was effective as "SHAME ON" signs.

The rat is terrible.

That's almost was effective as "SHAME ON" signs.
Union workers brought the rat out to my church's offices once because a non-union contractor won a fairly large contract to build a new church. Was the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

The stock price jumped almost 3% today, though there's been no mention of our picket anywhere in the mainstream media. Just the local stuff.

It's trading over 160/share, I was kind of hoping the stock would take a bit of a hit and shareholders would be aware of what's actually going on here.

From what I understand, the majority of the investors have gotten in north of 100 and on the conf calls our CEO has literally sold everyone on "pilot negotiations going smoothly and will not be an issue."

What no one in LAS seems to acknowledge is that we really do stand a good chance of being released soon. If that happens some people are going to wake up to a bad day. It's a long way down from 160/share, I hope management comes around and we can get past all this without wiping anyone out.

It tickles me that the general public is hugely misinformed about the ability to strike in the airline industry.

We definitely don't have any friends in the Conservative camp. I have friends who insisted unions were evil, even at airlines, because we could just strike at our own whim.

I'm pretty uninformed which is why I am asking but who do Allegiant pilots compare themselves to when asking for a pay raise? Do you compare airline to airline pay or is it equipment to equipment pay? Does in go more in depth into such things as monthly guarantee hours, per diem, etc?

Back