Allegiant Airlines announces GFK-LAS service

Evan

"Starting on Sept. 29, Allegiant will fly to and from Las Vegas and Grand Forks on Mondays and Fridays.

Limited introductory one-way ticket fares of $99 valid for travel through Dec. 15 can be purchased through July 26. Regular one-way fares range from $129 to about $200."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=80895
http://www.allegiantair.com/aaNews/aaNews20080701a.php

Wow... this has been rumored for a long time but I didn't see it happening this soon with oil where it is. Hope this helps some people... NWA out of GFK can really cut into some wallets.

Northwest really needs some competition out here. This probably won't have any effect on the prices for Northwest. I know for a long time it used to be a lot cheaper to fly out of Fargo instead of Grand Forks but I heard a rumor that the city of Grand Forks had a meeting with Northwest to get the ticket pricies the same price as flying out of Fargo. The city probably gave them some sort of incenitive.

I was very suprised that Allegiant came up here even though they have service out of Fargo. It'll be interesting to see how much of the Fargo passenger numbers will be effected.

I personally believe it'll be a success for them especially during the winter. Talk about an easy weekend get away. Leave Friday at 1:30pm and come back on Monday at noon. I know alot of people that will be interested in going down there now and I'm sure the Canadians will eat it right up!

Party at my house!

Does your house offer free booze that is delivered by a young woman that probably is wearing the amount of total fabric found in my winter hat?

Or how about those big buffets where I can hide in a plate of mashed potatoes and Kung Pao Chicken from those young women that would probably freeze in GFK once January rolls around.

How are the house odds? Money back guarantee? Do you accept Paso's?

If you can meet those small requirements I'm sooooooo there in September! haha

i can name at least a dozen friends who go to vegas at least twice a year via fargo.

maybe i just know the wrong/right people? :nana2:

I dont think that twice a year is sufficient demand for LAS service from GFK. To make the service work you'll need to pull your passengers from the surrounding communities in addition to GFK. The passengers from the other towns that would take this flight would just as easily drive to Fargo. The hour drive from GFK to FAR is not that much of a deterrent for most people.

I dont think that twice a year is sufficient demand for LAS service from GFK. To make the service work you'll need to pull your passengers from the surrounding communities in addition to GFK. The passengers from the other towns that would take this flight would just as easily drive to Fargo. The hour drive from GFK to FAR is not that much of a deterrent for most people.

dont forget THE CANADIANS.

id be willing to wager that over 50% of passengers on this route will be canadians.

Ahhh this would have been great to have when I actually went to UND! Connecting flights from Las Vegas to LAX are really cheap and would get rid of having to either take the train to Minneapolis or pay way too much to fly.

Ahhh this would have been great to have when I actually went to UND! Connecting flights from Las Vegas to LAX are really cheap and would get rid of having to either take the train to Minneapolis or pay way too much to fly.

See how much you miss GFK already???!!! It's gonna suck you back in before ya know it!

Back