All the Joy is gone

Ahhh...John we gotta talk buddy
smile.gif

Limp Bizkit is under the nu-metal genre. Maybe you could call it rap core? It's more rapish in the later albums. The first one was pretty hardcore.

LeFT is titled "new school hardcore." They're a local band from around here.

Deftones to me is the best example of nu-metal there is. Great band. Definetly not rap.

Snot runs similar lines to Limp Bizkit but without rapping at all. Great band, too bad their lead singer got killed after their first album.

Slipknot...you've heard Slipknot right? Those guys are INTENSE!

Eninem is definetly rap.

Ozzie and Black Sabbath=the man. I would also title them metal. I saw them once at Ozzfest '99. Also saw Deftones, Slipknot and Fear Factory there. System of a Down was on that tour also. GREAT show. Ozzie still knows how to put on a good show even after all the drugs he's done.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Do you listen to any of the aforementioned bands, John? Or do you just write them off as rap (seriously)?

ESF, I would GENERALLY agree with you. I am a Beastie Boys fan though. They're certinally hip hop, but they've got some more mellowed out jazzy kinda stuff on a few albums; vibe players and all!

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Oh yeah, the Beastie Boys rock. There's some rap that I like, but its mostly older stuff though. I still don't really consider it music- its just "rap".
tongue.gif

John to be honest if I hear anything that sounds like rap it's an instant dial spin. Same thing for any grunge singer trying to sound like Pearl Jam. Can't anyone do anything original?

I was in to techno stuff when it was really techno players, not just drum machines.

I suppose if I sat and listened to it I would start to like it.

Oh by the way, I cant' STAND Lenny Kravits! His voice annoys me to pieces!

Gotcha. I don't listen to the radio or watch MTV or VH1 ever so I don't ever have to deal with that. I have a CD collection that turned into 6 gigs of MP3's when I ripped them onto my computer. I have so much music to select from I never get bored.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Hey, I'm going to start a new post in the squawk box called "All the Joy is Gone" because this is a good music discussion however it detracts from the spirit of the post. See ya there!

[ QUOTE ]
It's too late I already turned my certificate into the FAA and I'm joining a band.
(yes I am joking)

[/ QUOTE ]

Need a bus driver??
grin.gif

Back