All or Part of Dispatch School Online?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I got my dispatchers certificate back in the early 90's as a part of my degree program, so I don't know a whole lot about the dispatcher profession today, much less educational options.

I've been asked to do some research to find out if any dispatcher schools offer all or partial training online? (For those who can't afford to take 4-6 weeks off to go to school).

Do you folks know of anyplace where I might find that information?

Thanks in advance!

I got my dispatchers certificate back in the early 90's as a part of my degree program, so I don't know a whole lot about the dispatcher profession today, much less educational options.

I've been asked to do some research to find out if any dispatcher schools offer all or partial training online? (For those who can't afford to take 4-6 weeks off to go to school).

Do you folks know of anyplace where I might find that information?

Thanks in advance!

Some offer distance learning classes online. It usually requires you two spend at least two weeks at the actual school for residency purposes and to complete all of your testing though. Sheffield has one and so does a school out in Florence, Kentucky if I'm not mistaken. Google for dispatch schools in KY and go to Sheffield's site to begin you research.

Hope this helps

mission!

Thanks to everyone that has provided information on this topic. I appreciate it.

This is the old Bill Phelps Airline Ground School that probably tens of thousands used to get their ATP and FE writtens.

I spoke with the rep at the WIA conference here in ATL and he said business is good, lots of people looking for dispatchers and pay is better that starting salaries for aviators.

Odd.. the link doesn't work. ??

Heard good things about the school, my only experience was with Danny for my practical exam. Nice guy. The link works on my end, so .... ? And pay at my airline starts out more than a first year FO. At this point, I would have to take about a $15k pay cut for go be an FO. I don't get out of bed for that kind of money.

Back