All my clearances are in...waiting on a phone call

Spokepoke

Anyone else with me? I never got a class date at the PEPC but I have to believe there are others out there with everything in and patiently waiting. This thread (like some others) is to take our frustrations and voice them.

My first issue right now is the fact that I haven't the slightest clue when I will be going. Will it be Nov. 2nd or will it be April...either way just tell me some bit of information as to what the likelihood of both will be.

Now I know people will say not to get stressed out, that the job is in all fairness more stressful than this. The problem with that statement is that ATC isn't about being patient. It's about being ready. And I AM READY!!!

Please join me in any ranting, tirades, all out b**ch fest you feel is necessary.

This should be entertaining.
popcorn.gif

I will hold my rants for a bit.

I'm right here with you guys. My security clearance is through and I'm just waiting on the medical and a class date.

How did they "lose" so many people's med/drug clearances and why is it all of us going out and having to find them. I have to say I'm so glad my ATM went out of his way to help me track my drug test down.

How did they "lose" so many people's med/drug clearances and why is it all of us going out and having to find them. I have to say I'm so glad my ATM went out of his way to help me track my drug test down.

Do the facility Manager's have your info already and progress information?

Really sorry to hear about all you paperwork being lost, just wanted to give you a heads up that you're date'll be prob more along the lines of after February next year since they have all classes booked until then.

siggghhhh..... :whatever:

just wish i knew.. that's all.. it went from "you'll have a class date when you go to your PEPC", then "you'll have your clearances and a date in about three weeks", then "expect October", then "there's a slot for your facility in January, but we don't have your security yet", then last "we got your security, but January is now full, and there was one in March but it was removed and is being renegotiated w/ the FAA.. so hang in there"..

If it has to be July of 2010 FINE! I just want the paper in my hand that says "It's official! You have a guaranteed space at the academy on date yadda yadda, congratulations." ......... but maybe they just like the element of surprise :rolleyes:

Alrighty Guy and Gals,

I haven't seen anyone post anything about this yet.
700 billion dollar bailout. Uhh I think that effects us. Thankfully I got mine and I'm OKC bound in 3 weeks. I'm sure there is only a small percentage of actual new hires that are on this forum, but right before I got my FOL I was speaking with one of the wonderful assistants at the HR dept and I was informed that all classes were being restructured. That was about 1 week prior to the bailout proposal being passed. So basically they were moving some money here putting it there, cutting cost here giving more there.

Do you concur???

Do the facility Manager's have your info already and progress information?

Had my TOL and then gave me the number to call to find out about my drug test. The woman there was super nice and resent my test results in to OKC (not to mention had a quick remark about my HR rep that didn't make me confident).

Since my AT-SAT I've been through 2 relationships, 2 places of residence, 4 vacations, and have taken on a total of 4 jobs all due to preparation for ATC. I have seen my savings dwindle and have worked out and lost 15 pounds than gained 10 in muscle just to keep mind and body in shape (by the way is there anyone that knows about the "300 diet"?). Anyone else been doing things like this?

Really sorry to hear about all you paperwork being lost, just wanted to give you a heads up that you're date'll be prob more along the lines of after February next year since they have all classes booked until then.

I just got a call on Monday asking if could accept a Oct 31st date so i dont think thats necessarilly accurate

Back