All Hail Freight!

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
As a former freight dog, just want to give a shout out to the dogs of the night here.

All Hail....OOTSK!:pirate: :yar:

As a former freight dog, just want to give a shout out to the dogs of the night here.

All Hail....OOTSK!:pirate: :yar:

I completely agree. I am a Loadmaster for WO and have been able to hold the freight side of the house since November, and I cannot be happier. I go back on the line next Tuesday, a quick passenger trip down to Guantanamo Bay, then back to my beauiful 88"/96X125"'s. The life of PMC's.\, PLA's, PGA's etc is so much better!!

I don't think I've said it yet, so I'll say it in a forum I feel a part of...welcome back MikeD.

Man, do I miss flying freight!!! Good luck to all you freight dawgs out there!!!

I don't think I've said it yet, so I'll say it in a forum I feel a part of...welcome back MikeD.

Man, do I miss flying freight!!! Good luck to all you freight dawgs out there!!!

Thanks partner. It's good to be back in the game. Had to make sure I took care of my freight dogs here. Even with all the military flying I've done and am doing, Law Enforcement flying I'm now doing, etc; the freight flying I did in the C-207 to C-208 to PA-31-350 to SA-226 were my funnest years. How, you say? LE flying is ok. Military flying was neat in its own way. But with both, there was VERY little time where I could actually sit back and ENJOY the flying....much of it was actual work! With freight, it was all me, more or less on my own schedule of making the mission happen. And you couldn't beat going from place to place, big to small airports....the variety was endless. I could truly do what I wanted, so long as the freight got there when it needed to. Let me dig up some stories I wrote here before I left long ago that hammer that home.....

Thanks partner. It's good to be back in the game. Had to make sure I took care of my freight dogs here. Even with all the military flying I've done and am doing, Law Enforcement flying I'm now doing, etc; the freight flying I did in the C-207 to C-208 to PA-31-350 to SA-226 were my funnest years. How, you say? LE flying is ok. Military flying was neat in its own way. But with both, there was VERY little time where I could actually sit back and ENJOY the flying....much of it was actual work! With freight, it was all me, more or less on my own schedule of making the mission happen. And you couldn't beat going from place to place, big to small airports....the variety was endless. I could truly do what I wanted, so long as the freight got there when it needed to. Let me dig up some stories I wrote here before I left long ago that hammer that home.....
You're preaching to the choir here. I did almost 2 years...C-208 mostly, but also BE-58 and PA-31.

Actually, if you would take a recommendation...I believe I remember you doing a write-up a long time ago on icing, especially tail icing. I know everybody has the videos that have been on here recently, but it might not hurt for a review of the recovery from tailplane icing specifically, and general icing strategies, for the people new to the icing environment...just a suggestions.

You're preaching to the choir here. I did almost 2 years...C-208 mostly, but also BE-58 and PA-31.

Actually, if you would take a recommendation...I believe I remember you doing a write-up a long time ago on icing, especially tail icing. I know everybody has the videos that have been on here recently, but it might not hurt for a review of the recovery from tailplane icing specifically, and general icing strategies, for the people new to the icing environment...just a suggestions.

I'll have to find it and re-post it.

Here is the thread where I wrote about weight and balance from June 2005.....w/b in the freight world, lol. This is part of why I loved the gig!

http://forums.jetcareers.com/freight-pilots-ootsk/18324-who-does-weight-balance-freight-dawgs.html

Haha thought so....
You used to rile some folks up back in the day.
I used to be on there all the time with Katamarino and Clovis.

Oh very nice! Good to meet you again after all this time! Glad you're in the Freight forum! I feel more at home here than in the military forum.....kind of my roots (well, after traffic watch).

As I said gentlemen, you always come back to your roots, which is why this is my home forum section (besides the moderator section). In that vein, I'm reminded of this little story, to which I can now somewhat relate. It's so true:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/general-topics/4058-gives-perspective.html

I went all the way back to my roots! After my furlough last month, I have been flying traffic watch (my own company, but I have other pilots). I flew part 135 cargo before going to an airline...now I wish I could find a job flying cargo (or anything for that matter) again.

Back