All finished!!!

braidkid

Now instead of just being a CFI I'm now a CFI/CFII/MEI...
I'm so relieved to finally be done with all my ratings.

If any of you are looking to add-on your multi or instructor ratings I would definately check out ATP. I got all my add-ons there and am very pleased. For $7k I got my multi-comm/CFII/MEI and 52 hours in a new Piper Seminole!! Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Now it's all about the time building!!!

Congratulations man!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I want to join everybody here with their congrats to you. But I also want to join you in the comments about ATP.

I have my INST/COMM/ME/CFI/MEI/CFII all from ATP..

Best decision ever made, and think its a great program and a great school!!!

thumbsup.gif

So, did that get you the CFI SE as well, or did you already have that before starting on the ME stuff?

I have 0 hours multi time, so I'd not really considered ATP before. Then they came up with the time building thing, and I thought about it again.

So what was your entire order of things on this? And about how long did it all take from zero twin time for you? How much of your multi PIC time is yankn' and bankn' and how much of it is safety pilot time?

Thanks,
Josh

I started the week before x-mas to get my multi-comm at ATP. That lasted 4 days. Then I went home for x-mas and came back the following week for the time building program. That lasted 6 days. Then I came home to work a couple weeks (gotta pay the bills!!) and went back to complete the CFII/MEI which lasted 4 days. Yes, I already had my initial CFI.

All in all I walked away with 52 hours multi. 7 of those were getting my license so they didnt count toward PIC. About 30 of those hours were me at the controls. The other 15 were approx safety pilot time. I wouldnt worry about the safety pilot time. You're just doing it to meet insurance minimums anyway and you learn just as much. The person at the controls is just a "stick actuator" while the safety pilot is navigating, working the radios, etc.... It was a great experience.

Thanks. Price seems about right since you already had CFI. That is the order I'm looking at as well. Figure if I'm going to add on CFII, may as well do it in a twin, and get MEI and some hours in the process. Now I have an idea about what it'll take for time and money for it all. Looks like it would cost a couple thousand more if I went through the CFI program for all 3 ratings there, after doing the multi add on and some time building. Wouldn't want to be MEI after only just getting multi commercial, just doesn't seem right.

Yea, if you want to do all three instructor ratings there I believe it's around $5k and lasts 2 weeks down in JAX. I'm sure it's a good program as well. You might check out ari-ben aviator in Florida as well.

Back