Alaska has a TA!

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Most Hated Member
Tentative deal "in concept" at Alaska. From what I'm hearing, it's a great deal:

SEATTLE, March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Alaska Airlines today announced it has reached an agreement in concept with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) on the terms of a new, four-year contract for the airline's 1,500 pilots.

Negotiating committee members from the pilots union and airline will meet starting next week to finalize the agreement language. Terms are being withheld pending final language.

After the contract language has been finalized and approved by the union's elected representatives, it will become a tentative agreement that will be presented to Alaska's pilots for review and a ratification vote.

The current contract became amendable on May 1, 2007. ALPA and Alaska Airlines began contract negotiations in January 2007.

Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together serve more than 90 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Traditional Network Carriers (tie)" in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 North America Airline Satisfaction Study(SM). For reservations, visit alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Newsroom at alaskaair.com/newsroom.

Excellent. . .here's to finding the details out in regards to pay and work rules.

What's going on with Citrus? You guys in section 6 right now or coming up?

Okay, I thought so. Just wasn't 100% sure.

I remembered about 2 years ago a 73 CA family friend mentioned you guys had reached a TA, but that it was being voted on and ended up not passing. I think it was 2 years ago.

Time flys when you're living the nightmare.

I'm also interested in seeing what they negotiated for. I'm glad someone is making progress.

Congrats to the Alaska pilots:rawk:

That makes both Alaska FAs and Pilots with a new TA so far this year:)

While a TA is a good place to be, it is NOT settled until it goes to the pilots for a vote. I, for one, am very anxious to know what this will entail, but we shall see. . . .

Todd, I think you might be bad luck. Three airlines and you have never gone through a complete contract cycle, have you? :p:D

Back