Alas...it has happened again...

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
I've been trying to make it to JC for at least 3 years now. Something has always come up and I've not been able to make it.

In this case, with a bit of luck, I'm closing on a house that week and won't be able to go.

It's always something....dammit.

If the closing falls through, though, I'm on the next flight out there. :)

Sorry folks. Gonna have to be the next one.

Screaming_Emu , Bumblebee -

Gents - let me know if you want to do a mini M&G. As of now, yeah, we should be closing on the house on the 10th. Last of the paperwork is in despite the mortgage company's best efforts to screw things up.

Emu - I've landed at Winchester a few times, flying out of JYO, but I live right in DC, so I can come out in y'alls direction at some point if you want. I'm tied up Sunday afternoon but other than that I'm relatively free.

Jeez kb, we closed on the 31st and were talking smack about how smooth it was by 5 pm!

Closing can be easy. Moving...not always so much. :)

We were really lucky with our experience back in May.

We were house sitting for my parents until they move back from overseas next summer. People told us "buying a house is a pain in the ass...start early." We found a house we liked, contacted an agent, went to check it out. Unfortunately during breakfast before going to look, he gets a call saying the house was now under contract. He said not to worry because he had 6 more houses to check out since we drove all the way out.

Looked at four houses, they were all just ok. Only had time to look at one more, spent five minutes in it and decided that was the one. Went to Starbucks, wrote up an offer, was accepted the next morning. Home inspection was almost flawless, observed the 60 day waiting period our lender required and closed.

Even the move was easy. My mom was in town and my older brother flew up from CLT to help. Loaded everything into a Penske truck and moved in one day. The whole time it just seemed like "this is going entirely too well...it almost feels like we're being scammed." But they continue to accept our money and continue to let us stay in the house.

M o v e is a four-letter word.

Closings can be even worse. Best advice for a closing: " Bring your own Vaseline. Theirs has sand in it."

Thankfully, not always.

FloridaLarry said:
M o v e is a four-letter word.

Closings can be even worse. Best advice for a closing: " Bring your own Vaseline. Theirs has sand in it."

Thankfully, not always.

That and your checkbook!

Yeah, the major issue isn't so much the timing as it is the fact that I am writing a rather large check on the 10th and a trip to Vegas will not be the wisest expenditure of my funds right then. Still, my wife is encouraging me to go, so if I can find a way to make it make sense, maybe I can. Just can't tell right now.

Right now being 2am on a Monday.

I've been trying to make it to JC for at least 3 years now. Something has always come up and I've not been able to make it.

In this case, with a bit of luck, I'm closing on a house that week and won't be able to go.

It's always something....dammit.

If the closing falls through, though, I'm on the next flight out there. :)

Sorry folks. Gonna have to be the next one.
The fact that you're going through a closing these days.... whew. I feel for you man. Just remember its not a buyer's or seller's market - its an appraiser's market!

The fact that you're going through a closing these days.... whew. I feel for you man. Just remember its not a buyer's or seller's market - its an appraiser's market!

The truth of this statement is eerie. The appraiser damn near torpedoed this whole thing - not because of the house value, but because they were seemingly incompetent with regard to doing the report correctly and in any rough sense of "on time."

The truth of this statement is eerie. The appraiser damn near torpedoed this whole thing - not because of the house value, but because they were seemingly incompetent with regard to doing the report correctly and in any rough sense of "on time."
The best thing is that the appraisal, if lower, gives you a chance to renegotiate (new lower offer).... This is a great time to buy if you can put up with the BS. Good luck!

The best thing is that the appraisal, if lower, gives you a chance to renegotiate (new lower offer).... This is a great time to buy if you can put up with the BS. Good luck!

In our case, we were actually worried about that happening due to some parts of the neighborhood. The place is as much an investment as it is a place for us to live. However, if things go the way we expect them to in the next 5 years, we should be in good shape at the end of this thing.

Back