AIT Question

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Here's the scoop. I'm considering doing the guard to be either a load master or a flight engineer, so that I can move into the pilot slot once my degree is done. That being said, I don't want to not fly for about 8 months, so is it possible as someone going to AIT to go to the aero clubs at the AFBs to keep flying, or better yet, just buy a t-craft or something and fly on the weekends when I'm not in class? Is that feasable or am I deluding myself?

Thanks.

-Pat

Can't say for the Air Guard but for the Army AIT students after reaching a certain "phase" in your training it would be possible to fly on the weekends since we got weekend passes.

I wouldn't have been able to do it the first couple months, but after earning the priviliges I suppose it would be possible.

Good luck!

Can't say for the Air Guard but for the Army AIT students after reaching a certain "phase" in your training it would be possible to fly on the weekends since we got weekend passes.

I wouldn't have been able to do it the first couple months, but after earning the priviliges I suppose it would be possible.

Good luck!

I believe the Air Force has a rule that anyone under AETC's umbrella is not to participate in dangerous activities. Unfortunately, flying a civilian airplane is included.

Back