Airports Question

Joshua949

At an airport, at the gate, is the thing called a "jetway" that u walk on from the gate onto the aircraft?

uh. Yeah..
cool.gif

Thank you. I just wanted to be 100% sure b/c I'm getting ready to do a narrative story on me flying to Hawaii on the old DC-10's & I wanted to make sure that was the name of the "jetway" so I can put that in my story also. Thank You.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I just wanted to be 100% sure b/c I'm getting ready to do a narrative story on me flying to Hawaii on the old DC-10's & I wanted to make sure that was the name of the "jetway" so I can put that in my story also. Thank You.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an average large airport, the terminal is where you buy your tickets, get your bags, buy the overpriced food, etc. The concourse is connected to the terminal and normally starts past where the security checkpoints begin. The concourse is where the gates are located. Connected to the concourse at each gate (if so equipped) would be the jetways leading to the individual planes from their respective gates.

[ QUOTE ]
In an average large airport, the terminal is where you buy your tickets, get your bags, buy the overpriced food, etc. The concourse is connected to the terminal and normally starts past where the security checkpoints begin. The concourse is where the gates are located. Connected to the concourse at each gate (if so equipped) would be the jetways leading to the individual planes from their respective gates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh MikeD,

Is there anything you don't know....
smile.gif

Surf

[ QUOTE ]

Sheesh MikeD,

Is there anything you don't know....
smile.gif

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

A ton I don't know actually.......

Shoot, for that kind of money, just make the lazy ass passengers walk down a few steps and into the terminal.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Shoot, for that kind of money, just make the lazy ass passengers walk down a few steps and into the terminal.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah man...we can just charge higher prices to the passengers...

In some industries they're called "chutes."

A curved chute works better than a straight chute for two reasons. First, it prevents the animal [passenger] from seeing the truck [or aircraft], the squeeze chute, or people until it is almost in the truck [or aircraft] or squeeze chute. A curved chute also takes advantage of the animal's [or passenger's] natural tendency to circle around the handler [gate agent]. Cattle [passengers] can be driven most efficiently if the handler is situated at a 45 degree to 60-degree angle to the animal's [passenger's] shoulder. The handler should work along the inner radius. The curved chute allows the handler to stand at the best angle on a catwalk and lets the animals circle around him [or her]. The catwalk shoud be belt-buckle high

laugh.gif

Back