Airplane Wheel of Fortune, fun for everyone!

Raskolnikov

I was sweating my tail off on the ramp today, unloading bags, when the two pilots ran out of the airplane and headed right for the landing gear on the left side. They both erupted in laughter and the FO was yelling "That's mine baby, that one is all mine dude!" Followed by the Captain's retort, "No way dude that's on the line." A playful argument ensued over who had won. The flight attendant had clearly lost.

They were playing a fun new game called Airplane Wheel of Fortune. One of the tires of the main-gear was divided into three segments with a piece of chalk. The letters "A" for flight attendant, "F" for first officer, and "C" for captain were also drawn in chalk in the middle of each piece of the rubber pie. The owner of the pie-segment which touched the asphalt won. My curiosity piqued, I inquired about the game and the prizes. The captain mumbled "brewskies," and it all became clear. Now I REALLY want to become a pilot! I can't wait to play.

Is this a common game played by many crews, or is this something unique to this crew? I suppose it would be harder to play with a 777, too many flight attendants. But with a Dash 8 Q200 and only a three person crew, as in this example, what a great way to pass the time at work.

cool.gif

How would you get the inside part of the tread to hit the runway first?

Were they big obvious letters. I would wonder what the passengers would think having their plane roll up with those letters spinning by on the tire. Probly would think they are new tire markings and would then feel really good having new tires on the plane.
wink.gif

As I was writing this I thought that you could probly get the inside of the tire to hit first if you side load the landing gear. But I dont know.

Tom

It's a pie. A rubber pie, true, so you wouldn't want to serve a slice after your over-coked liver and onions, but it's a pie all the same. Imagine taking a slice of Grandma's pumpkin pie and balancing it on the part that rolls, so the pointy part is sticking strait up in the air. Now imagine a letter drawn on the top of your slice with some whip cream...

wink.gif

Another good pilot game is "smiles". We'd play it in the Phillipines all the time when I was there.

Hey MikeD,

I lived in Subic Bay for a year and a half when I was about 9 back in 1990-1991 (Navy brat). I remember Cubi Point being an area right near Subic or part of it. I also remember Clark AFB being demolished when Mt. Pinatubo hit in 1991 (which is why I left). I actually remember quite a bit about the place. Were you around there during that time?

[ QUOTE ]
Another good pilot game is "smiles". We'd play it in the Phillipines all the time when I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTDT
blush.gif
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey MikeD,

I lived in Subic Bay for a year and a half when I was about 9 back in 1990-1991 (Navy brat). I remember Cubi Point being an area right near Subic or part of it. I also remember Clark AFB being demolished when Mt. Pinatubo hit in 1991 (which is why I left). I actually remember quite a bit about the place. Were you around there during that time?

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is for Mike D but;
I started going to the PI in 1976 and visited it quite frequently until 1986. On the way to the Gulf in 1991 we pulled into Subic Bay and stayed about a week. The place was still pretty wild. Me and a couple of friends owned a bar on Gordon avenue until the whole Mt. Pinatubo thing happened. It was called the New Jersey Bar, named after the Battleship.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey MikeD,

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is for Mike D but;
I started going to the PI in 1976 and visited it quite frequently until 1986. On the way to the Gulf in 1991 we pulled into Subic Bay and stayed about a week. The place was still pretty wild. Me and a couple of friends owned a bar on Gordon avenue until the whole Mt. Pinatubo thing happened. It was called the New Jersey Bar, named after the Battleship.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all good. Was there TDY in '92/93. Interesting place, though I probably wouldn't want to go back

MikeD , ever hit Thailand? Pattaya Beach? Interesting place called Marylands?!?! Crazy place, I don't think I would ever want to go back there.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeD , ever hit Thailand? Pattaya Beach? Interesting place called Marylands?!?! Crazy place, I don't think I would ever want to go back there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Bangkok but don't remember the various places I visited in that town. Sin-wise, Bangkok makes Vegas/Nevada look like Vatican City.

Hello MikeD,

Yes, Bangkok certainly is a pray by day, play be night kind of place. The hot spot used to be Patpong in BKK, but Pattaya Beach & Phuket are still pretty "dangerous" as well!

BTW...your first link (Nothing.wav) appears to inop at this time.

JR

[ QUOTE ]
Hello MikeD,

Yes, Bangkok certainly is a pray by day, play be night kind of place. The hot spot used to be Patpong in BKK, but Pattaya Beach & Phuket are still pretty "dangerous" as well!

BTW...your first link (Nothing.wav) appears to inop at this time.

JR

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the heads-up on the inop file, will have to fix it.

Anyone else ever played Smiles?
laugh.gif

Never actually had a chance to play "smiles" but I know some people who have!! You know, what goes TDY stays TDY!!!

Back