Airplane maintenance costs.

I have lots of time in Cherokees and about 50hrs in the 150.

I honestly like them both. The 28 is far superior in speed and capabilities, no question. But I think mainly what I want to do is time build and sightsee at low altitiude so I think the 150 would work as well.

I'm biased toward the Cherokee as Cherokees pay my rent. Dang good little airplanes. The 150/152 is nice also and one of the few Cessnas that is as simple and easy to work on as a Cherokee. As far as parts availability it seems to be six of one, half dozen of the other. Both manufacturers seem to have the common stuff in stock but be ready for a long wait for, for example, large structure parts (longerons, elevator ribs).

I have lots of time in Cherokees and about 50hrs in the 150.

I honestly like them both. The 28 is far superior in speed and capabilities, no question. But I think mainly what I want to do is time build and sightsee at low altitiude so I think the 150 would work as well.

That alone should lead you towards the 150. It's much easier to see the sights below you from a 150 than see through the Cherokee wing.

That alone should lead you towards the 150. It's much easier to see the sights below you from a 150 than see through the Cherokee wing.

Unless you're inverted!
movies_goose_top_gun_1.jpg

Back