Airnet

thwhite2000

Previous gouges still accurate. I came in early for the sim prep and it was a huge payoff. I flew in via Delta and stayed at the Comfort Inn in Obetz, near LCK. Took a Blue Cab from CMH to the hotel, hotel payed for cab at a contracted rate of $35. Shuttle from hotel took me back and forth to Airnet HQ. Morning interview started at 10am. 3 of us interviewed and we each got shuffled between 3 different instructors for the different phases of interview. Written test of about 60 questions - topics previously covered well from previous gouges. Sim profile was same as previous - given basic clearance and ATIS. In position on 28L at CMH. Engine fail on TO roll, abort, then resume normal TO. Climb 3K, IMC at 300', steep turns, slow flight, stalls. Go direct APE VOR, lost AI on the way, enter hold, then depart APE for VOR-A at VTA. Regained AI on final. Went missed, lost an engine on missed. Immediately feathered, continue climb to 3K, then vectors to ILS 28L for SE approach at CMH. Basically, the profile for a 135 Checkride, from what I'm told. It was challenging, but fun. Everyone was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Got called the afternoon I left to offer a class date.

Don't know. They just told me to book a room at the Obetz Comfort Inn at $65/nt. it was real close to HQ. only a 5min ride.

What were your times when they called and how long did it take to get an interview if you don't mind me asking?
I applied with just over 135 mins and 120 MEL and got called a day or two later. Two other guys I interviewed with only had about 40 or so multi time.

What airframe did they hire you for?
They said they were planning to initially place me in the Van. However, they said Barons may be available. I think they're really needing pilots right now. That said, they're still looking for quality and the interview is a lot tougher than any regional interview I've been to. Bring your A game and show well, I think they'll work with you as much as they can to get you into a base or equipment if they can. They all seem like a great group of folks and they sure have been accommodating for me.

Were you able to get information about where you may potentially be based?
No. I've heard that they will direct hire into a couple of bases (TEB and one other). I want to stay in St Louis and other threads and pilots I talked to indicated that there are usually St Louis spots open. Otherwise, you get your base upon completion of training. If you ask, they'll probably give you a good idea of what might be available.

Back