AirNet Systems, Inc.

I just got the call from Craig yesterday congratulating me. Can't wait to get started. I was really impressed with everything I saw. I'm so excited and I feel really good about my decision to go to Airnet.

If anyone has questions about how to prepare for the interview, send me a PM. The interview was a great experience.

Hello JW,

Thanks for mentioning AirNet...I never heard of them. Their website is very interesting and informative.

Best of luck,

JR

Panam - OUTSTANDING!!! Congrats!!!!

Look up my (former) instructor when you get there. He just took his AirNet checkride this past weekend and should be finishing his training in the next couple of weeks.

PM me for his name.

R2F

Hey Ready2fly, is your instructor friend still working at AirNet - does he like it there? Where is he based out of?

Any hiring outlooks for AirNet in 04', seems like a great alternative to a regional.
smile.gif

Yessir. He's still there. He likes it okay. He wasn't thrilled with the training aspect, but says the maintenance is above and beyond good!

He felt the training was a tad unorganized, but said that once you get past that, it's all good.

As for hiring outlooks, he told me that they plan on hiring 100 pilots in `04. So, if that's your goal - build those hours and good luck!!

Thanks for the update r2f.
grin.gif

is he flying the Baron? did he have any choice in his base location?

thanks-

Not flying the Baron yet - although he had checkrides in the Baron, the Chieftain and the C310.

He's flying the C310 right now and did not have much of choice of his bases. Drop me a P.M. if you want to know the details. Some pilots do, however.

Re: AirNet Systems, floater pilot + flight academies

Is a floater a cover pilot (part time) or full time pilot? How do you become one?

I see they have preferential interview agreements with Pan-am and ERAU etc. Is it best to attend those flight schools and have a better shot at a job placement? Or it doesnt matter?

Get your degree in something other than aviation. What good is an aviation degree from Riddle going to do you when you loose your medical? Don't think it can happen to you? That's what I thought too.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

great advice!! I completing my degree in Business Admin this summer, so I got my safety net. Just wanted to know if its better to enroll in those preferential flight schools Professional pilots courses, instead of enrolling in another school. Just want to know which would give a better chance.

I wouldn't enroll in an aviation program at a college simply on the chance that you MIGHT get CONSIDERED for a job with A FEW less hours than the next guy. The MINS for being CONSIDERED are lower, but they're not going to REALISITICALLY hire someone with that few of hours.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Herreshoff, you lost your medical??? Where was I???

Well, I never got it. When I first applied they denied me for the first 5 months to review my case. It taught me early on that if the FAA wants your medical, they'll get it pretty quickly.

I'm holding down a 1st class with no restrictions right now, it's cool dude
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

What is Airnets projected hiring forecast for the remainder of '04? Anyone...anyone...?

Surf

I see your point, thanks for the advice. Does anyone know what the future holds for airnet? will they change to on demand charter? are they finacially sound? thanks guys!

[ QUOTE ]
What is Airnets projected hiring forecast for the remainder of '04? Anyone...anyone...?

[/ QUOTE ]
Surf: Go check out the AirNet thread in the "Freight Dawg" forum.
wink.gif
The projected hiring is something like 100+ pilots this year.

This is off-topic ready2fly, but your avatar makes me want to 'push and roll'

Back