Airnet SIC program

JK7177

Is the airnet sic program a good idea to try to get into in order to build the req 135 min time. I'm really trying to avoid becoming a CFI i don't think that i have the patience to do it and really don't feel like wasting peoples time/money. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Is the airnet sic program a good idea to try to get into in order to build the req 135 min time. I'm really trying to avoid becoming a CFI i don't think that i have the patience to do it and really don't feel like wasting peoples time/money. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

How many hours do you have?

250 taking multi/single comm ride in 2 weeks

You will need a way to bridge the gap between your 250 and the 800-1000 you will need to get hired into the AirNet SIC program. I did not think I would like CFIing very much either but I ended up liking it. I ended up doing it for about 9 months before I got hired on.

There are still SOME Sic's going through training. However, in the near future I don't see a need for anymore unless the industry does a 180 and people start moving again. That along with the changes that will happen at Airnet you will definatly need to get to the 1000-1100 mark before getting hired. Good luck.

On a side note CFI'ing is one of the best things I could have done to learn something about aviation that I didn't know as a student (next to comming to airnet).

I thought the same thing until I saw the smile on their face after a first solo or passed checkride. You'll find a groove and enjoy parts of it. Sorry to hijack the thread...btw Airnet Rocks! (was in LCK the other day and it was cool to see the airnet hub) :rawk:

This should be a sticky.

I predict 12 pages of "You should just man up and get your CFI" and "But I don't WANNA".

Back