Airnet moves. Again.

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
So apparently Airnet is now operating out of DuPage. They've closed down the three ring circus, fired the lion tamer, and stopped running their hampers at breakneck speed from one Lear to another. Something about the Opspecs not allowing their Lears to land on 31R/13L while all the other runways are shut down for the Eternal Construction Project?

Wusses. Bankair does it all the time. :p

So are y'all coming back? My airplane is looking frighteningly empty without your 500lbs of radiological medicine! At least I no longer glow at night.

Yeah the numbers are too tight for the smaller runway at high weights and exceed our Op specs when wet.

Personally DuPage is better for us. We should probably just stay there. Sucks for jumpseaters though.

Last word from the Fed On-High was that you're coming back in a month and a half when Bill Jr. is done repaving the entire airport. Of course, at the rate rumors change these days, that'll probably change 5 or 6 times before the time comes.

Last word from the Fed On-High was that you're coming back in a month and a half when Bill Jr. is done repaving the entire airport. Of course, at the rate rumors change these days, that'll probably change 5 or 6 times before the time comes.
If Airnet is aorund in a month and a half.

Yeah, I was told that they laid off 50 of their 170 pilots. :(

But in the mean time, it's great to have them here, and every pilot that's walked into the FBO has said they would much rather be here than at Midway. It's safer to get into and out of, faster to get in and out of, the gas and ramp fees are a fraction of the price at MDW, and we have the facilities to accomodate them. Not to mention, they LOVE our FBO. :D

Yeah, there's plenty of rumors around as far as Airnet trying to keep their operations here permanently. It would definitely be nice, but I'm not going to count on anything like that until it actually happens.

Airnet, it's nice to have you here! :hiya:

I can't see how it could be much faster to get in and out of, at least when MDW's runways are back in commission. When 4R is open, it's pretty much "ignitions conditions flaps transponder strobes gittyup". That said, it does seem like y'all weren't exactly staying at the ritz over there. If you do get sent back to MDW, feel free to walk over to millionair and hang out in the lineman room/smoking lounge. You won't get any sleep, but you can have all the awful coffee you desire and get your nicotine dose for the decade without even having to light up. ;)

On a more serious note, I'm sure Dupage is a more pleasant atmosphere, but doesn't it take time to truck everything out there? I admit I have a horse in this race, since your freight was paying for my gas and potentially keeping me employed... :panic:

I can't see how it could be much faster to get in and out of, at least when MDW's runways are back in commission. When 4R is open, it's pretty much "ignitions conditions flaps transponder strobes gittyup". That said, it does seem like y'all weren't exactly staying at the ritz over there. If you do get sent back to MDW, feel free to walk over to millionair and hang out in the lineman room/smoking lounge. You won't get any sleep, but you can have all the awful coffee you desire and get your nicotine dose for the decade without even having to light up. ;)

On a more serious note, I'm sure Dupage is a more pleasant atmosphere, but doesn't it take time to truck everything out there? I admit I have a horse in this race, since your freight was paying for my gas and potentially keeping me employed... :panic:

Dupage is our sort. Very few things are originating or ending up in Chicago. It makes little difference where we do it at.

Well, that settles it then...You're staying at DPA. :)

My employment isn't on the line about it, but it does make the overnights a little more exciting. :D

From what a few pilots have said, it's faster getting in and out because you're not having to wait behind any airliners.

Yes, I would imagine it takes a little bit longer to truck things around, people and work, but when you look at the price of fuel and landing fees (not knowing what Air Net has worked out with MDW), it's probably a whole lot cheaper.

Nah, not getting competitive about it, even with our own horse in the race, but it's still nice to see new faces come in, and even nicer to hear they appreciate what we have to offer them.

I wish we'd just go wherever the facilities are best for the cheapest price. There's this one Air Force base with 12,000 ft parallels, 3 ILS approaches, a myriad of AMP's and avionics techs on site, aircraft parts galore, lots of space for parking, a fuel farm, rooms where we're actually welcomed to snooze in, and a brat man!!!!!!!! #%#@^@%^#$^$%!:banghead::banghead:

If we do stay aloft, I hope we stay in DPA. I don't want to be the guy to throw my wingtip into Marine One while "President Obama" enjoys a conjugal.

I wish we'd just go wherever the facilities are best for the cheapest price. There's this one Air Force base with 12,000 ft parallels, 3 ILS approaches, a myriad of AMP's and avionics techs on site, aircraft parts galore, lots of space for parking, a fuel farm, rooms where we're actually welcomed to snooze in, and a brat man!!!!!!!! #%#@^@%^#$^$%!:banghead::banghead:

If we do stay aloft, I hope we stay in DPA. I don't want to be the guy to throw my wingtip into Marine One while "President Obama" enjoys a conjugal.
Stop making sense man.

I'm pretty impressed with the operation at DPA, but I still have to scratch my head. Perfectly good sort area at LCK. Hour and a half, maybe two hours in a prop ... what ... an hour difference in a jet?

When the weather goes down in Chicago this winter, it's going to be interesting.

-mini

I'm pretty impressed with the operation at DPA, but I still have to scratch my head. Perfectly good sort area at LCK. Hour and a half, maybe two hours in a prop ... what ... an hour difference in a jet?

When the weather goes down in Chicago this winter, it's going to be interesting.

-mini

mini.................

when you're due into KDPA give me a heads up. I will be sure to stop by the hanger and say hi, if I am working that day.

and a brat man!!!!!!!!

They had about 20 large pizzas last night though for all the their hard work:laff:. They only broke 2 of my doors this week and are about as slow as my grandma getting out of bed. OH ya not exactly the smartest people for $10/hr either. I take that back, I don't want them $10 smart, just some common sense!

-mini

See, that's the neat thing...As long as there are IFR minimums, we never close. The runways and ramps are kept clear, and we stay open even when you have MDW shutdown. We get A LOT of diversion traffic from ORD and MDW during the winter because our runways are clear and theirs aren't.

The scuttlebutt is that the decision-makers are talking seriously about making DPA permanent.

As long as you don't tear the pilot lounge apart...happy to have y'all! :D

Airnet is keeping the sort at DPA permanently.

Excuse me if I don't giddy up straight to St. Charles and sign a year lease.

What was wrong with Columbus? Having infrastructure there and all.

Change for the sake of change?
Seeing everthing from the outside, my guess is they wanted more distance from Flight Express. I'm not sure how they plan on using both companies, as they each have their own niches, but if I were a betting man, and they are not trying to dismantle both companies for quick cash, I would say they are putting more distance between Airnet and F Express.

Have the Lears run loads back and forth, keep the Express guys in the south and southern midwest, the Airnet guys running the NE, and northern midwest, along with Texas, and that area of the South, and connect them all with Lears.

Who knows what these guys are up to though...

Back