AirNet Express Cessna Caravans

[ QUOTE ]
Safety. You'll just kill one pilot, so the insurance is probably fairly cheap.

Gotta think like corporate America!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose, but aircraft insurance is expensive not only because the planes are costly, but because they might crash and kill/hurt folks on the ground who will bring multi-zillion dollar lawsuits. The next time a "Death Tube" concludes an approach in someone's living room, expect insurance premiums to soar.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Safety. You'll just kill one pilot, so the insurance is probably fairly cheap.

Gotta think like corporate America!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose, but aircraft insurance is expensive not only because the planes are costly, but because they might crash and kill/hurt folks on the ground who will bring multi-zillion dollar lawsuits. The next time a "Death Tube" concludes an approach in someone's living room, expect insurance premiums to soar.

[/ QUOTE ]

DEath Tube is just a nickname for a plane that requires a little bit more TLC and attention paid to it, and has less room for forgiveness. It's a helluva a performer; it just takes a better-than-average-stick to stay ahead of it. That's all.

Hey mike do you fly a Metro for the airforce. Sound's like you know a lot about 'em. Do they have Metro's? If not what do you fly. Just wondering.........

I think he flys fighter je.... ummm, I mean A-10s.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You mean to tell me Mike isn't a RQ-1 Predator pilot????
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]That would explain why he has so much time to post on JC.
He could fly the Predator in one window and keep JC up in another window.
grin.gif

wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think he flys fighter je.... ummm, I mean A-10s.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch times one!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch times two! And Blasphemy!!!
laugh.gif

Where did you get the Metro time Mike. Did you fly frieght be4 the airforce.

[ QUOTE ]
Nothig worse than that.... right Mike???

[/ QUOTE ]

The hits keep on coming!!!!!! Ooh..Owww!
laugh.gif

You are correct, sir. UAVs are the kiss of death to pilots.

The hits I'm taking here are even worse seeing as how I'm currently in the cycle for reassignment since I've been at DM for 3 years now.

And we've been informed that there's 10 Predator assignments waiting for someone out there. You should've seen....when the assignments officer came out with the news of that......the pilots scattered like roaches when the room lights are turned on.
laugh.gif

Citationkid: Trained for Metros back in my civilian airline days.

[ QUOTE ]
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told that Predator pilots were to be called "aircraft controllers," since they weren't really piloting the aircraft. But then, I had to ask why only rated PILOTS could be qualified to fly the Predator...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told that Predator pilots were to be called "aircraft controllers," since they weren't really piloting the aircraft. But then, I had to ask why only rated PILOTS could be qualified to fly the Predator...

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing is that if you crash a UAV, you go before a Flying Evaluation Board and could potentially lose your wings, just as if you'd crashed a real plane!

[ QUOTE ]
What if you get in a mid air can you pan aroung the aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how you mean.

Can you look around with a camera on the outside or are you limited to looking straight forward.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you look around with a camera on the outside or are you limited to looking straight forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know nothing of, nor do I plan on knowing anything of, first-hand Predator-ops.

Back