Airnet days numbered

It would be interesting to talk to someone who has worked at both companies (pre-Borg). 401(k) and very good medical were included at FLX. You're right, of course, that there were no jumpseat bennies and vacation, while it existed, was difficult to actually get. I'd also be interested to see some "average" W2s for pilots at both companies. If Airnet's pay is as much better as it's being made to sound, it must be really excellent, and airlinepilotcentral's table must be WAY off.

Either way, I don't think that there's much question that Airnet would be a better place to be if your goal is to accumulate TPIC and type ratings, which does mean, in a certain sense, that it's "bad for the industry". On the other hand, I'd guess that half the guys at FLX aren't "traditional" ladder-climbers, don't care what they're flying, and like the predictability. It's all a matter of perspective.

And honestly, how many guys at FLX have been there for more than 3, 4, 5 years?

Looking at Austin's seniority list, I'd say 6 or 7 out of about 50.

...I just wanted to use "bottom line" and "end of the day" before I retired for the day.

-mini

But when the rubber meets the road and there are boots on the ground, the tough get going.

I'd also be interested to see some "average" W2s for pilots at both companies. If Airnet's pay is as much better as it's being made to sound, it must be really excellent, and airlinepilotcentral's table must be WAY off.

It is. Like the others have said, work over a 10 hour rig, and work a 9th and 10th day, and your pay improves exponentially. When I was there those types of runs seemed pretty common, too.

As for average W2s, as a prop PIC I started in a minimum rig run. (Worked 4 days a week and got 10 hours of rig a day, and I earned the standard 28k/ year.

After a few months I got a run that had 9th and 10th days with a 12 hour rig and my pay jumped to 45k/ year.

Looking at Austin's seniority list, I'd say 6 or 7 out of about 50.
With the amount of attrition I'd expect to see as a result of a merger, that isn't going to impact things all that much...at least I don't think so.

But when the rubber meets the road and there are boots on the ground, the tough get going.
LMAO. Well played, sir.:D

-mini

I'd also be interested to see some "average" W2s for pilots at both companies. If Airnet's pay is as much better as it's being made to sound, it must be really excellent, and airlinepilotcentral's table must be WAY off.

Airlinepilotcentral's table IS way off. But it really depends on if you have a 5th day. I did, and I had a high time flight route. My duty day was over 10 hours, and my daily flight time was over 6 hours a day. So on my 8 days I was getting paid for over 12 hour per day, then on my 9th and 10th I was getting paid over time on those 12 hours each day.

I worked 7 months for Airnet before I was furloughed. My W2 for them minus my bonus and moving expence reimbursement was 27932.12. Divide that by 7 and it worked out to 3990.30 a month. Multiply by 12, and had I worked 12 months there, I would have made 47883.60. Much better than I thought I could make flying freight.

If this thread were up a few forums in the Airline Pilot section we would be pushing to deny FLX guys a ride to work and all that nonsense because they aren't "jacking the house" but they are taking the jobs.
We haven't gotten to that point but I will say it's worth mention that even though Airnet pilots are being relatively civil about FLX pilots gaining employment while we are furloughing, it's not exactly a good thing "for the industry"....whatever the #### that means.
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

If we were all regional pilots, this thread would be over 20 pages long by now, and it would be pretty dirty. Is FLX the next GO-JET? Probably not, Airnet pilots are being relatively civil because we are all pretty classy:D Not to "toot my own horn", but we are. I'm wondering when/if it is going to start getting uncivil....

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

If we were all regional pilots, this thread would be over 20 pages long by now, and it would be pretty dirty. Is FLX the next GO-JET? Probably not, Airnet pilots are being relatively civil because we are all pretty classy:D Not to "toot my own horn", but we are. I'm wondering when/if it is going to start getting uncivil....
The gloves will come off if a FLX pilot comes on here running his mouth about the new runs or access to Lears.
Hvymetal###### posted that the next headset I'd be talking into would be one at McDonalds. It was deleted by the mods as was one of my posts.

Hvymetal###### posted that the next headset I'd be talking into would be one at McDonalds. It was deleted by the mods as was one of my posts.
Well, I'm sure I'm speaking for 99.9% of the frieght pilots on this site when I say we have a lot of respect for you. More then I can say for Hvymetal.

It's probably worth remembering that that guy isn't an FLX pilot. Most likely for a reason. There's only one guy at FLX I talk to anymore in "real life", but I haven't heard him or anyone here clapping or getting excited about you guys getting shafted.

It's probably worth remembering that that guy isn't an FLX pilot. Most likely for a reason. There's only one guy at FLX I talk to anymore in "real life", but I haven't heard him or anyone here clapping or getting excited about you guys getting shafted.
Oh I know. He couldn't hack freight flying after three weeks.

Oh I know. He couldn't hack freight flying after three weeks.
I don't think he should be condemed for not making it in the freight world, after all it's not for everyone. But coming on here and shooting his mouth off like he was a veteran, that's another story.

There are no reserve pilots, everyone has a run.

Things have changed a bit since you were at FLX, Boris.
The pilot shortage is obviously over. We actually have some reserve coverage now. Some pilots fly four days a week and are on reserve one day a week. It is now pretty easy to get days off and vacation time. That's the only "good" part of this downturn I have seen.

Back when every company was looking for pilots, FLX had a very tough time finding enough people to fly the 210's.

Back