Airliners parked in the desert

Chirst you could pick some of those up for pennies on the dollar - far too much supply and zero demand.

I can call "Fat Tony" and "Dead Eye Dan" if you're interested.

Gotta give me up up front money though
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That is a sad site to see.
Know where I can get a cheap slightly used 727's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Used 727 for sale

This guy has a 1968 Boeing 727-200 , TT 70000 freighter, powered by JT8D-7B in flying condition for $350,000.

Ryan

[ QUOTE ]
I can call "Fat Tony" and "Dead Eye Dan" if you're interested.

Gotta give me up up front money though
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If ya don't pay up on time they can take you 'fishing'. Free Gucci cement loafers with each trip.

Give em a call Doug, I'll pay them right away. (I Swear) Even if I don't, I’m a fourth Italian so I’ll have the Italian mafia watching my back.

$350,000 is alittle higher than I'm willing to spend. I want something more in the $3.50 range.

[ QUOTE ]
$350,000 is alittle higher than I'm willing to spend. I want something more in the $3.50 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I found something a little more in your price range..

FMdemo727.jpg

Its only 17.95
smile.gif
hahah

Ryan

Heres a serious question, could I just walk up to that airfield and walk around in the old birds?

In Arizona, there are two gigantic airline graveyards. Goodyear airport has a lot of old airliners in western phoenix. Also, there is Pinal airport halfway between Tuscon and Phoenix. They have all kinds of retired airliners there. It's also the airport where the Nicolas Cage movie ConAir was filmed. I'm sure everyone will sleep better knowing that!

At KLAS they use to have quite a few aircrafts in storage there back in 1999 (mainly ex-UAL 747's). A few weeks ago while I was there all I saw was an EX-United Airlines DC-10 (love to know the status on her if anyone knows), ATA (I think) L1011, some 737-200's and a few others..... Sad sight it was....
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What? U got an MD-11.....jeeeeeeez man that's nothing I got a nice big "expensive" ($20. ) Qantas Airways 747-400 sooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours is bigger than mine.
mad.gif

Only thing we have at ORL is an old Vintage (that's what it says on the tail, although it's written like a Virgin Atlantic plane) DC-3 that has sat in the same spot for months and months. The other day when I taxied by, the wings were on the ground. My instructor told me they had to have to moved before NBAA and wanted to fly it out. I said they were more likely to get it out on a flatbed truck.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a fourth Italian so I have the Italian mafia watching my back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go easy on the Italian mafia stuff. I don't like people stereotyping Italians like this. If something doesn't change...somebody is going to get hurt.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
airport where the Nicolas Cage movie ConAir was filmed. I'm sure everyone will sleep better knowing that!

[/ QUOTE ]

dang - had i know that back then, i would have gone and done the "stalk the celebrity" bit... now, he's just not my type!
blush.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Attn Doug, if I have the money, could I buy any of those aircraft that are sitting there? Im in the market for a 757 or a old L-1011 if you see one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can send you an email that I got at work from someone who wants to sell a couple of 727s that were owned by the Justice Department.

As soon as I saw that email, I thought of Con Air.

Back