Airliners.net forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just one question: why are all of the airliners.net forum posts so.................STUPID?!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all are stupid, but you do have to work to find the interesting ones, there are some nice folks on the website. The only problem is that there is no age limit, so you get kids on the website, and lets just say, they are not the sharpest knife in the draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, not all are really that dumb, but a lot of the topics are all the same!

"Will NWA replace their DC-9s with 717s?"
"The 757 is done, will the 767 retire too?"
"What's the biggest airport terminal you've seen?"
"Boeing is better!!"
"No, Airbus is better!"

Looking at the posts today, someone says that the 737-800 sucks.
confused.gif
smirk.gif
Um, It's a lot more plane than what most people fly!
(To quote Doug: "mmmm k?!")

I saw one where the kid said that 747's suck because the one he flew didn't have those TV's for passengers in each seat. So in other words the whole 747 project was a failure because he didn't have a TV
smirk.gif

See, that's my point. 747s, to my knowledge, were never eqquiped with TVs in every seat...that didn't come around 'till the 777 was introduced!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
See, that's my point. 747s, to my knowledge, were never eqquiped with TVs in every seat...that didn't come around 'till the 777 was introduced!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I've flown in a NWA 747 with TVs in each seat...

DOH...I'm getting into an Airliners.net debate!!!
grin.gif

This is the only aviation forum I've ever seen where looking at a person's profile is the only way to differentiate between "respected pilot" and "know-it-all flightsim junkie." Terrible.
tongue.gif

I always find it funny when the poster says something about a 747, and then includes a picture along with the post just incase we forgot what a 747 looks like.
grin.gif

The perfect description of a.net

How many a.net members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

The perfect description of airliners.net
tongue.gif

Re: The perfect description of a.net

I don't read any other forums, but the same things ^ go on here.

Thats what happens when everyone is right, everyone is a smartass, and everyone is behind a computer screen with No Fear of getting the crap beat out them for the wrong comment at the wrong time.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thats what happens when everyone is right, everyone is a smartass, and everyone is behind a computer screen with No Fear of getting the crap beat out them for the wrong comment at the wrong time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is tooooooo funny !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys,
Like a couple people said, since you guys rant about a.net and seem to "hate" everything about it, then why are we still making fun of them? To tell you the truth, one day I was glancing through the a.net forums and thats how I FOUND jetcareers, so it cant be all bad. There are people at airliners.net that dont have a clue, or are just a 10 year old "know it all" but hell I mean as far as kids are concerned, I think we all tried to act like that and the kids are just trying to put some input in...give them a break. When I was ten, I had NO idea how an airplane flew and had no knowlege of the aircraft systems. Heck, I thought a plane had a steering wheel and gas/break pedals in it. I'm no moderater but I think "Airliners.net is so stupid" forums are showing on my screen much more often than normal lately, and I'm sick and tired of them.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no moderater but I think "Airliners.net is so stupid" forums are showing on my screen much more often than normal lately, and I'm sick and tired of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can relate to where you come from. I just to happen to find any anit-airliners.net or airliners.net bashing post to be quite humurous. But in the end, it all comes down to one bashing the other because the one bashing may think he/she is a know it all and is upset someone else isn't buying what they are saying. For those saying, "I don't think I know it all" da nile ain't just a river in Egypt either LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Well, just to prove that A.net isn't ALWAYS bad, an interesting thread just popped up over there. There is a link in THIS thread to mp3 copies of the tape of a call between the #3 FA on AA11 on 9/11 and the reservation center she called shortly after the takeover. Sort of erie stuff, but interesting all the same.

Ethan

Airlieners.net is not all that bad. I've actually found some pretty good topics in there and some good people, though I agree there are alot of immature guys and girls on there, and they don't neccesarily have to be 10 or 15. I've run into a few immature guys in there 20s and 30s.
Besides, I see airliners.net as an opinion forum, and not a forum that should be taken so seriously and credible as people make it out to be.
And if you think the civil forum is bad, try going to the off topic forum.
grin.gif

whenever I go to A.net, I hear this song playing in my head:

"We're Knights of the Round Table,
We dance when ere we're able,
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable.
We dine well here in Camelot,
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
We're Knights of the Round Table,
Our show are formidable,
But many times, we're given rhymes