Airline Solvency

[ QUOTE ]

Paul you've missed the boat on this round of airline stock prices if that's what you're talking about (I can't tell if you want to start your own airline or just want to invest in them).
[ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not trying to invest in an airline. I'm a futures player who would rather trade futures than QQQ, spyders, etc. Anyway, I mean financing an airline I believe is cheaper now than when the industry is going well.

Like investing, everyone waits to buy until the price starts to rise. Then they buy at the top when all the hedge funds and institutions are taking profit. Then people go "damn it's falling and I'm losing money!" That's why most people loose money: 1)chasing the market and 2)overtrading above their net worth. Anyway I could go on about investing. If anyone wants honest, free investing advice, you can ask me (I'm a registered CTA). I'd like to start a site like this for investors-Thanks for the work Doug.

Anyway, not to go off into investing, I talked with some Boeing guys who said their are a ton of planes in the desert that you could get good deals on. I just think that cost of starting an airline is lower now than before.

PaulS, you're starting to remind me of Josie from "Never Been Kissed"!

You aren't a journalist infiltrating an aviation website for a 'barometric reading' of professional pilots, eh?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yow, I guess I shouldn't ask about how to build a continuum transfunctioner!

[/ QUOTE ]

You must give US the continuum transfunctioner......

So at the end of this thread "Vaughn" from "Alias" is going come out and kiss him after we all think he's not going to show?
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You must give US the continuum transfunctioner......

[/ QUOTE ]

Zoltan!

[ QUOTE ]
Would you take the infinite improbability drive instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the 'Heart of Gold'?

Could it be?.....Another "Hitchhiker's Guide" fan?

PaulS-
The 3-5% profits you mentioned in your early post are in the same league as the grocery business.
The difference is that most of us would rather fly the planes that move the folks and stuff, rather than drive the trucks that move the goods to the folks.
We're all in it for the fun!

[ QUOTE ]
Futures player huh? Nice. What's a CTA (pardon my ignorance)?

[/ QUOTE ]

A CTA is a Commodity Trading Advisor. Basically, you have to pass a Series 3 Exam, become a member of the NFA (National Futures Association, which is a branch of the CFTC), and then you have to register with the CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) as a Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA). It's sounds more complicated than it really is.

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS-
The 3-5% profits you mentioned in your early post are in the same league as the grocery business.
The difference is that most of us would rather fly the planes that move the folks and stuff, rather than drive the trucks that move the goods to the folks.
We're all in it for the fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that is still horrible. Plus, airline management doesn't care HOW they make money. Only HOW MUCH. I believe that airlines can at least double or triple their profit. More profit means more solvency (ability of the company to continue operations financially). This means job stability and growth for the airlines, along with making money from stock prices (employees and other public shareholders).

Back