Airline pay

smokey1

I was looking at the regional airline pay scale and it mentioned that pilots make X amount of dollars per year. But it also mentioned that they get X amount of dollars per hour. So....are they on salary,with a garunteed income, or are they paid by the hour? Also, if they are paid by the hour, then are the airlines taking a significant cut out of their paychecks due to the economic state our country is in right now. 1.
Smokey...................................................

There was quite an extensive discussion on this topic somewhat recently - lots of good info on it if you can find it using the search function.

Basically pilots are paid per hour but with a monthly guarantee of usually around 75 hours - if you fly 85 hours you get paid your hourly rate multiplied by 85 hours, if you fly 71 hours you get paid your hourly rate multiplied by 75 hours(the monthly guarantee).

Jason

Think it's per hour but a lot of the time you're guaranteed X amount of hours per month whether you fly or not (reserve). I think guys at SkyWest get paid at least 75 hours /month.

Something like dat...

*Damn, beat again!

Weren't we at 75 at MDY?? Or maybe 74? I forget.

Anyway - if I'm remembering correctly Allegheny was also 75 when I was there.

Jason

Jason you aren't as old as I am. Must be that high altitude messing up your memory
smile.gif
Probably forgotten your nickname already.

No we were at 70 at Midway.

So, my REAL question after reading all of this is where can I get a job where I work virtually nil and get paid over $100k a year? Thanks.

lol!
laugh.gif

Bullpen catcher in the Big Leagues.....1
smokey....................................................................

OK good suggestions but those take work to actually get into. I am looking for something that is basically entry-level, like I just show up starting next Monday.

Back