Airline flying!

That is an odd question. You will get the same exact response asking if teachers like their jobs, policemen like their jobs, chefs like their jobs.

Some will say they love their job
Some will say they hate their job
Some will say its just a job.

I absolutely loved it when I did it. I would have been happy going back and forth between LaGuardia and National until the cows come home. Shuttle flying was my favorite. (We only did it for a short time between when US Airways got rid of the 727s on the shuttle and put the A320s on it)

Do Airline pilots enjoy their jobs?????.

Not so much lately. JFK is driving me nuts and I try and avoid it as much as I can. Something ain't right when you have a 10:45 am departure and your wheels up time is at 4:25 pm.

You're getting paid by the hour. Just wait. Winter is coming. Then you'll play "Deicing for Dollars!" :)

It's funny. I think I would enjoy the constant ewr delays if I actually got paid as I walked off the plane. There is a big disconnect between sitting around for a wheels up time and then pay day 30 days later!!

But true....ewr is the by far one of the best places to be based to make scarole $$$. Yesterday had part of my trip canceled, even though it was a pain we got home 4 hours early and paid for the whole thing. Cx pay is HUGE in ewr.

Ah, one of the lucky ones. :)
My crew sat in BDL from 1130 until 1345 waiting for the EWR inbound, then boarded up and sat and sat and sat...ATC told us we missed our wheels up time. The only wheels up time we were EVER given was 1400, which is a joke considering the time the inbound arrived. Sooooo, we sat around for a new wheels up time and had to wait for the storm passing through since rampers and fuel truck had to wait it out as well. Just LOVED having a bunch of smart-ass passengers asking, "where's the fuel truck coming from, the Middle-East?" There were some other equally as ridiculous comments, but I don't want my blood pressure to rise on a beautiful Sunday morning so.....;)
BTW, we arrived at EWR at about 1730. (3 1/2 hrs. late).
I can't complain too much, though. That was the end of my trip--the CA had to do a turn and then be done and the poor FO and other FA STILL had to do the ROC overnight. They didn't get done until 0130. Yikes! :banghead:

I think he works here just so he can be part of ALPA ;-)

Granted I've only been working here since November...but I still love my job. 90% of the time when I'm sitting at home on reserve I'm hoping they call me.

I found what makes the biggest difference on whether I will enjoy the trip or not is the crew. The trips that I've had the most fun on have been riddled with mx issues, crappy weather, delays, etc, but because I've been with good people I've enjoyed every minute of it. Fly with boring people and its still fun, but not nearly as much.

I think he works here just so he can be part of ALPA ;-)

Granted I've only been working here since November...but I still love my job. 90% of the time when I'm sitting at home on reserve I'm hoping they call me.

I found what makes the biggest difference on whether I will enjoy the trip or not is the crew. The trips that I've had the most fun on have been riddled with mx issues, crappy weather, delays, etc, but because I've been with good people I've enjoyed every minute of it. Fly with boring people and its still fun, but not nearly as much.

Wow! I thought I was the only one who felt that way! I'd rather have a trip riddled with issues with a fun crew, than an on-time, small pax load
B-O-R-I-N-G trip.

I enjoy my job when I have enough time to "unwind" from it. The first few months as a lineholder was "fun" because I was off reserve and got to fly alot, then it was all about QOL, now working 3 days a weeks and 18 days off I "enjoy" work because about the time I get frustrated on day 3 I am already heading home for 4 days or R&R. That being said I am ready to get the PIC time and hopefully move on within a few years to something different. 1000 hours a year is a bit rough.

That being said I am ready to get the PIC time and hopefully move on within a few years to something different.

:yup: I'm sorry. I know you weren't trying to be funny... but does anyone else find that funny? :yup: It's a new world friend.

I enjoy being home.

In fact, home could be the best invention in the history of the world. Well...maybe home is the best invention behind the things that are AT home which include:

-A real cute girl
-Good beer
-My grill
-Beef products
-My bike
-Great skiing

A job can't even come close to stacking up to those things.

Back