Aircraft Poll

JaceTheAce

If you could choose any brandnew civilian piston-powered aircraft (non-turboprop) for FREE, what would it be? Price is no object.

Mine would be the Mooney Bravo (...followed by a Beech Baron twin)

A brand new Queen Air (so what if they're not being manufactured right now?) with the avionics of a 777.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I would have to say a Piper Malibu..That is an aircraft that I have been really impressed with. I think a very close second would have to be an A36 Bonanza, too bad they dont make the V tails anymore...

Ryan

My vote would go to the Baron...

Mooney would be a close second... Does anyone know what it cruises at?

[ QUOTE ]
My vote would go to the Baron...

Mooney would be a close second... Does anyone know what it cruises at?

[/ QUOTE ]

220 Knots - fastest single-prop plane to date. The Baron at a high-speed cruise is 202 Knots...but the Baron is nice because it's got room for 6 people.

I'd say a Malibu as a single, and a Baron as a twin or if they were still being made, I'd go with a Queen Air instead. Course, right now I'm thinking of a hundred other planes I'd like to have. Course, asking that question is kinda like asking John Daly what kind of beer he'd drink if it were all free.

[ QUOTE ]
220 Knots - fastest single-prop plane to date.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about "civilian" planes only right? Wasn't/Isn't the P-51 the fastest single-prop out there?

Gotta go with a P210......yeah their old,but if you get one nicely equipped you could get a really good cross country airplane.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
220 Knots - fastest single-prop plane to date.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about "civilian" planes only right? Wasn't/Isn't the P-51 the fastest single-prop out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm talking about civilian only - the P-41 is one NIIIIIIIICE plane! There's an old guy in San Diego that owns one and offers rides for a crazy low amount (he only charges for at-cost expenses because he loves to fly it so much).

I'd have to go with one of the Grumman flying boats. If I had to buy the gas it would be a Widgeon, if not maybe a Mallard or an Albatross.

A completely rebuilt, late-model Aztec with all the new avionics I could squeeze in it.

Or an overhauled DC-3 (you can find 'em 135 ready for about $150k - the price of an better-than-ok Aztec - it's just the overhauls that get ya on the 3)

Piston single- Cirrus SR-22 with Entegra PFD
Turbine single- Piper Meridian
Piston twin- Baron 58
Turbine twin- Cessna CJ2
cool.gif

Hum I think a Piper Turbo Sencea would be pretty sweet. For a single, probably some kinda 4 seater areobatic plane if they exhist.

[ QUOTE ]
For a single, probably some kinda 4 seater areobatic plane if they exhist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... that'd be cool to take my grandparent's in the back seat for some aerobatics! Girlfriend sits in front.

Back