aircraft exterior cleaning

Didn't think about it. Probably couldn't have gotten to it anyway, since I was on the weekend crew, and we couldn't get to most stuff in the place.

We tried lots of stuff. Dawn, simple green, some handsoap, and various other stuff. But, I got it clean, and the guy had a nice looking airplane to go to Oshkosh with.

Try Bug N' Tar, works great. Then Fantastik to remove the resedue.

Try Bug N' Tar, works great. Then Fantastik to remove the resedue.

I had found, that as long as the plane didn't look like an Air France plane (which this one did. In fact, it made Air France look clean), that Dawn dish soap works really well. Plus, there was always some of it laying around in the FBO that was easy to get to.

I had found, that as long as the plane didn't look like an Air France plane (which this one did. In fact, it made Air France look clean), that Dawn dish soap works really well. Plus, there was always some of it laying around in the FBO that was easy to get to.

Ah nice I'll have to try that, I always used a commercial car wash or airplane wash. I degrease first though. I've also heard Carbon-X works really good, anyone ever tried it?

Ah nice I'll have to try that, I always used a commercial car wash or airplane wash. I degrease first though. I've also heard Carbon-X works really good, anyone ever tried it?

>writing all this down< Still all new to me, so I need to remember this stuff. It's dawned on me that I take better care of these planes than I do my own car. <== That would be a good one for the "You know you're a line person if..." thread if it wasn't locked. Any way we could get a mod to open it back up?

>writing all this down< Still all new to me, so I need to remember this stuff. It's dawned on me that I take better care of these planes than I do my own car. <== That would be a good one for the "You know you're a line person if..." thread if it wasn't locked. Any way we could get a mod to open it back up?

hahahaha, I could go in to crucial detail about washing and waxing airplanes.

I was just wondering what happened to that thread....you must start II then.

Back