Airbus Tech Support Desk is OPEN

Is the helpdesk still open?

So when you change your flap/slat configuration you get several changes on the PFD speeds, like Vmax, Vfe_next, and V_ls all change accordingly (and I may be forgetting some others). I remember hearing that some of those speeds are calculated based on actual flap/slat position and others based on the selected handle position, but I can't find a reference for it. Am I making this up or is that the case, and if so which is which?

So when you change your flap/slat configuration you get several changes on the PFD speeds, like Vmax, Vfe_next, and V_ls all change accordingly (and I may be forgetting some others). I remember hearing that some of those speeds are calculated based on actual flap/slat position and others based on the selected handle position, but I can't find a reference for it. Am I making this up or is that the case, and if so which is which?

That's correct. Vfe next is based on the lever position. The red high and low speed (and VLS) bars are based on actual position. I *think* the too low flaps and landing configuration check is based on lever position.

That's correct. Vfe next is based on the lever position. The red high and low speed (and VLS) bars are based on actual position. I *think* the too low flaps and landing configuration check is based on lever position.
Awesome thanks! I'm starting sims this weekend and it's slowly coming together. Can't wait to try it out in the box and start correlating things

Reference the note in Landing with Slats or Flaps Jammed in your airline QRH. The first two bullets are your answer and a reference.

Why do some Airbus operators require the pax window shades to be open for takeoff and some don't?

That is airline specific. Typically it is the exit row seats. It is done so people can see outside the aircraft in the event of evacuation. You can see if that side / exit of the aircraft is useable or not.

That is airline specific. Typically it is the exit row seats. It is done so people can see outside the aircraft in the event of evacuation. You can see if that side / exit of the aircraft is useable or not.

Yeah, this is typical. Some airlines, like Spirit and Aer Lingis require all of the shades to be open.

Back