Airbus A380 Super Jumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, one of the ways they beat Boeing out of a big 737 order was to tell the airline they sold it to (I think it was an Irish one, not sure) that they not only would sell them the airplane for less than Boeing, undercutting Boeing by such a large figure that even the airline execs said there's no way they can make money on this sale, but they also agreed to pay the airline any extra costs incurred due to working with two different aircraft!

Now you tell me just how they could have done that without losing money. Hell, the airline execs said that the price simply was too low to make a profit on. And then they throw in the extra money to cover the extra costs?

No way they're making money on that. No way.

[ QUOTE ]
Say_Speed: EADS is a publicly traded company, hasn't been for very long, I agree. Nevertheless, it is now; and even before, all of Airbus's parent companies were publicly traded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Say_Speed, but wrong on both counts. Where did you get this information, and why are you representing it as the truth?

Here's the truth, current from this source :

shares.jpg

So, as we can see, EADS is only about 60% publicly traded (half of this is through DaimlerChrysler, the other half outright EADS stock). The rest is held by the French and Spanish state governments.

I think that competetion is good for both companies. I definately favor Boeing.

I was quite saddened when United and US-AIRWAYS and NorthWest Airlines joined the dark side
wink.gif

If Delta or Continental were to buy any Airbus aircraft I'd have a coronary...

Matthew

aka katsuhara

[ QUOTE ]
Well, one of the ways they beat Boeing out of a big 737 order was to tell the airline they sold it to (I think it was an Irish one, not sure) that they not only would sell them the airplane for less than Boeing, undercutting Boeing by such a large figure that even the airline execs said there's no way they can make money on this sale, but they also agreed to pay the airline any extra costs incurred due to working with two different aircraft!

Now you tell me just how they could have done that without losing money. Hell, the airline execs said that the price simply was too low to make a profit on. And then they throw in the extra money to cover the extra costs?

No way they're making money on that. No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? When? Where?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Say_Speed, but wrong on both counts. Where did you get this information, and why are you representing it as the truth?

So, as we can see, EADS is only about 60% publicly traded (half of this is through DaimlerChrysler, the other half outright EADS stock). The rest is held by the French and Spanish state governments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just not prove that it is publicly traded?? Even 60% is enough... You want to become a shareholder, you can buy a share for about 1 Euro.
Airbus uses 1500 different contractors in 30 countries (800 of them are here, in US); I do not have the time to research every single one of them, but if you feel like it, you will see that those contractors are publicly traded as well.
But that being said, I personaly like the Bus, I specially like the commonality that Airbus developped between its fleet, and it is attracting to companies who plan on aquiring bigger a/c in the future.
We have to stop looking for ways to undermine any foreign competition, let's face it: Boeing is not THE only one anymore, Airbus has a great product that suit 186 companies today, and no matter how they got there, we have to give them credit for what they are today.
I still love the Boeing family, but no matter where the competition comes from, it goes toward the interest of the consumer, and that's why you can buy a ticket from coast to coast for less than $300.

[ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless, it is now; and even before, all of Airbus's parent companies were publicly traded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say_speed, I thought you were implying that ALL of EADS was publicly traded. My bad for the misinterpretation.

[ QUOTE ]

Say_speed, I thought you were implying that ALL of EADS was publicly traded. My bad for the misinterpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it was my mistake, I wrote ALL... Anyway, and I think that it is the goal for most of us here, if the opportunity presented itself, I would take any heavy a/c, whether Boeing or Airbus.

Back