Air Tran

sigmanu499

I was talking to my stock broker yesterday about investing in American airlines. He sugested that I look at Air Tran, I really dont know that much about Air Tran, because they dont really fly around california. Anyways, I was wondering what the opinions of Air Tran are(not the stock just the airline in general)?

They are a solid LCC with a large and growing east coast presence and an aggressive plan for growth. They are among the four airlines (the others being JetBlue, American, and Delta) that have expressed interest in pieces of US Airways. They have a fleet of 717s that fly out of ATL primarily. 737NGs are on order for delivery starting fairly soon. Check out airtran.com. Stock symbol is AAI.

I've flown them a couple times ... safe, comfortable, and inexpensive. Unlike many other LCCs, they do have a business class cabin on board, which is nice, and they've also got small jet feed (courtesy of Air Wisconsin) to the ATL hub.

I'll be surprised if you don't begin to hear more about them out west ... that's been a major target for expansion for them. They've announced LAX and SFO service, and are flying them now with A320s contracted through Ryan International.

FL270

Finally!!! My Delta Airlines shares are rising slowwwllyy!!
cool.gif

My biggest problem with AirTran is the fact that they don't offer electronic tickets. They require you to pay $20 a ticket to ship it to you.

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking to my stock broker yesterday about investing in American airlines

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is a little late to wanna get in on AMR. They have gove up about 4 or 5 bucks in a week.

speaking of airline stocks, today may be a good day to pick some up they are all getting their arses kicked in the markets. Especially jetblue down like 9%

Another problem I have with AirTran is that they always connect through ATL. About 60% of the time I fly through atlanta I am either late for my next flight, or I am running through the terminal trying to get to my next flight on time.

[ QUOTE ]
i think it is a little late to wanna get in on AMR. They have gove up about 4 or 5 bucks in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, he was saying that they think its going to come back down to around 14 and that would be the time to get in on AMR. I think it has some good 2-3 year growth.

Thanks for your input on Air Tran!

Back