Air operators certificate

speedbird

Hi, I am considering starting my own air taxi/charter company. Initially with one aircraft, a cessna 402 or PA-31 navajo, then in time, and in luck, acquire a citation.

What requirements do I need to fullfill in order for an AOC to be granted? Or where can I get this information from?

And has anyone who has done a similar venture got any advice?

thanks guys

Ask Tenney...... look under the perspectives section on the initial jetcareers page under his name. I think he did something similar out of Florida.

Make sure - DOUBLY and TRIPLE-ly SURE that it is registered, licensed and legal!!

I am working on a case right now where a couple ran their own charter, had a crash killing all the pax, but the pilot/owner lived - and they were NOT a legal charter/air taxi company.

Sad thing is - there are a TON of illegal charter/air taxi operations in operation.

JT should be able to point you in the right direction as far as getting the proper paperwork from the proper authorities since he's been a part of such a company (a legal entity that is).

Best of luck!!
And... oh .... when you getter up and running - I'll be glad to be a pilot for you!
wink.gif
Drop me a line when you're at that point and I'll gladly provide my resume' with references.
laugh.gif

R2F

Check with your local FSDO. Rules are supposed to be nationwide but every FSDO has it's own way of doing things.

Be preapred to spend 3-9 months getting it done.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I am considering starting my own air taxi/charter company.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're nuts!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Just kidding...sort of...good luck.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Be preapred to spend 3-9 months getting it done.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is one of the reasons why there are a lot of unlicensed/illegal charter ops.

Folks start thinking "well, I have a plane... I can start making money now......."

Don't start thinking that way.

Follow JT's suggestion and start with your local FSDO and get what you need. It may take a while, but in the end, you will be glad you followed the rules.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I am considering starting my own air taxi/charter company.... And has anyone who has done a similar venture got any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

The traditional advice is to make a small fortune in aviation, first start with a large fortune.
grin.gif

Seriously, good luck and keep us posted.

Back